Call Tracking for Online Promotions

Who uses what for Call Tracking

Page 1 of 1

0 Replies - 11686 Views - Last Post: 29 June 2010 - 04:22 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Call Tracking for Online Promotions

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:22 PM

Most people seem to forget that we've got a thing for phones. Everyone seems to own a phone yet once we get online we end up with our heads in the sand.

Put yourself in your customer's shoes for a moment. When you are purchasing something online and you really want the item but have a question, do you email or call? Does it matter if they have a toll-free #?

Why don't more people ask that question? Do people create web based businesses and expect every customer to either be local or call long distance? So odd!

We've been using call tracking services for a while now for promotions and every time it's been a rather important component of dissecting the product <-> customer relationship.

My reason for posting is finding out who's using call tracking, when aren't you using it, and have you found easy ways to merge or compare data with Google Analytics?

I see posts online discussing a beta call tracking API that Google is working on but nobody seems to want to spill and real details as to what it will cost, if anything, and if Google will be tying it into Analytics (almost assured).

If anyone has info on the Google API that would be super cool and I'd be your new best friend for at least a week. ;)

Thanks in advance for your time!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1