4 Replies - 1584 Views - Last Post: 01 July 2010 - 01:01 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Is there a wakeUp screen event?

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:31 PM

I was to be able to make an application that could shut off the screen on my computer and a feature that i want to include is so that i have to be moving my mouse for a certain period of time before the screen would wake up. Does anybody know where'd i begin to read up on what I need?

This post has been edited by DrzNight: 01 July 2010 - 01:47 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Is there a wakeUp screen event?

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Is there a wakeUp screen event?

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:17 PM

I'm going to move this to the C# Forum. This (C# Programmers) forum isn't for help topics but for discussion of more advanced topics and such :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:27 PM

View PostPsychoCoder, on 30 June 2010 - 09:17 PM, said:

I'm going to move this to the C# Forum. This (C# Programmers) forum isn't for help topics but for discussion of more advanced topics and such :)

Yea sorry about that, I was reading in the wrong forum when I posted :sweatdrop:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:10 AM

This sounds an awful lot like a screen saver, or maybe the "turn off display after x minutes" setting in the power options. Are you trying to reinvent the wheel, or is there something different that you are trying to do?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:01 AM

View PostinsertAlias, on 30 June 2010 - 11:10 PM, said:

This sounds an awful lot like a screen saver, or maybe the "turn off display after x minutes" setting in the power options. Are you trying to reinvent the wheel, or is there something different that you are trying to do?

I see how'd you get that and its probably me failing to be clear but no my current program turns off the monitor if you choose to or set a time to turn of the computer which sounds like the power options on any computer but its just small program made to be flexible on when you want everything to occur. My current issue is how sometimes when you turn off the screen you may bump your mouse and turn it back on. I wanted to know if you could make it so that you have to shake your mouse for like 3 seconds before the screen came back on. Im in the learning process of c# so its really for experience that I'm trying to work through all of this. I'd appreciate a nudge in the right direction. :innocent:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1