3 Replies - 5377 Views - Last Post: 01 July 2010 - 11:50 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

photo album creation

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:54 PM

hi .. i need to create a photo album . and i ve to view them as folders .. and i need to update delete an add photos to album using c# asp.net 3.5
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: photo album creation

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: photo album creation

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:38 AM

Came across this CodePlex project while searching for something else and thought you might be itnerested in it: NotesForGallery: ASP.NET AJAX Photo Gallery Control. Looks interesting.

This is not the only way to accomplish this though.
It seems to me that designing a photo album is pretty simple though.

The first step I would do create a class that represents a "Photo" which has a url to the photo (or the actual binary data for the photo), the description for the photo, the title for the photo.

I would then create a container for this class (a "photo album" is just a "container of photos" if you think about this). This container could be a generic List<T>: a List of Photos. You would populate this list by instantiating a bunch of Photo classes based on the underlying data source for the photos. This underlying data source could be anything. It really depends on where/how you are storing your images etc.

Then the last thing that you would need to do is display these photos. You could use a GridView, a Repeater, or you could create your own Templated Control for displaying the data. You could even add Light Box or something to make things pretty.

-Frinny
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:45 AM

View Postkirthigan, on 30 June 2010 - 08:54 PM, said:

hi .. i need to create a photo album . and i ve to view them as folders .. and i need to update delete an add photos to album using c# asp.net 3.5

Sounds like an interesting project

Sorry but we can not give you the entire code to solve your problem. We are here to assist in solving problems with code you have written, with any error messages you are getting or what isn't working the way that you expect it to, we would be more than happy to help you with those problems. If there is a topic that you don't understand we would be more than happy to help you with that as well. Make sure to post any code with in code tags like below.

:code:

Be sure to visit our tutorial and snippet areas or read the FAQS at the top of the forums. Also, take a moment to read the rules about posting topics.

Thank you for helping us to help you solve your problem.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:50 AM

This project might be a good "project idea" for the thread listing project ideas.
The system could include way to "share albums" with other "members" of the system etc...
Would be a neat way to learn/practice ASP.NET :)

There has to be a better way of handling the "I need a project idea" commonly asked question.
I've never seen so many "project requests" as I have here in my online life!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1