• +
  • Last »

110 Replies - 3321 Views - Last Post: 04 July 2010 - 04:03 PM

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Life changing moments

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:24 AM

This one time I was constipated for over a week from taking a lot of morphine and had to give myself an enema to shit out a football... that hurt pretty bad.

This post has been edited by Christoph: 02 July 2010 - 08:25 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:27 AM

Dude, you breathe through someone else's lungs. I freaking salute you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:30 AM

Oh yeah, and that. I forgot.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:34 AM

View PosttheRedNeck, on 02 July 2010 - 06:14 AM, said:

View PostChoscura, on 02 July 2010 - 06:56 AM, said:

The 'getting married and having kids doesn't count' thing is pretty stupid. realizing you are responsible for the entire life of another person for at LEAST the next 18 years is life changing. realizing it is officially completely unacceptable to, eg, go to hooters for the rest of your life, is life changing. having a criminal record for a stupid mistake is on the lower end of this scale, not the upper end.

Being arrested, thrown in jail with drunks, rapists, drug dealers; having newspaper articles written about you, having friends you've known for years look at you in disbelief, family members doubting you, having people you barely know express their belief in you. Explaining your entire life to the courts and twelve people chosen to judge you. Taking a year and a half of your life to straighten it out, is low end? Yeah, that's low end, you're right. There is no way having your world turned inside out could be life changing. Definately low end.
Try it sometime. I'm sure you'll brush it right off.

Getting married, and having children is definately life changing. I agree. It's just that that answer could be a staple answer. To easy. I was hoping for maybe a experience that you thought helped define you as a person. Something a little more personal, that's all.

I'm sorry, go back and read mine and I got you beat hands down. Big deal, you were charged with stealing a purse whoop-tie fucking do, like that's some big deal or something?

You're wanting us to believe that you had a jury trial over purse snatching, I find that one hard to believe. You wanting us to believe that you're own family & friends doubted you when you said you didn't do it? Well if it's true then you're probably better off without them assholes in your life.

From my perspective the day I became a father is far more memoriable than if I were to get charged with purse snatching
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:40 AM

This thread is way too serious. Your "purse" story didn't play out exactly as you said in the beginning otherwise you wouldn't have any problems. Maybe a day or two down at the local PD to sort it out. A jury trial for a purse snatch? Please.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:44 AM

I know KYA's life changing moment is when he came out of the closet
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Still the sexiest mofo.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:45 AM

Any theft can be tried as a felony, doesnt matter what it is. $400 and a handgun? Thats a felony, it depends on the value of the things stolen and just how far the victim wants to go with it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:46 AM

And unless the guy already has a rap sheet, no prosecutor would take the case. Come on people watch more Law & Order.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:46 AM

By the way, felonies are tried by a jury.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:47 AM

Apparently integrity is dead in America.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:49 AM

It's just proof that our justice system is fucked. I got off with 1 year probation and no record for doing something wrong and he got jail time for doing something right.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:53 AM

I've never heard of a purse snatching being tried with a jury trial, and never heard of anyone actually going to jail for snatching a purse. I think the OP is just full of shit
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:54 AM

Probably the most life-changing point in my life is when I first came to Thailand. I couldn't eat because I didn't speak the language and wasn't in a touristy location... so I couldn't order food, I didn't have money to pay for much food, and I was in a situation where I think I only got to speak to somebody else briefly maybe a couple times a week. The rest of the time I was by myself and I had to learn to really deal with myself- if you've never done this, if you've never, eg, been out in the woods somewhere for a month or whatever where you had no communication for extended periods of time, theres no way to describe it, because with a lot of thoughts you have this vague inkling that you'll verify what you've concluded with other people, and when you're completely isolated, you can't do that. So I have this clear memory of thinking something and thinking I would go online and check out what's what after that thought, and realizing I didn't have internet, I didn't have somebody I could ask, and that if I didn't finish that thought, it wouldn't be finished. That was a life-changing moment, it changed me in such a way that I try to devise my own solutions to every problem I encounter- eg, I'd rather implement my own linked list than use the ansi standard list, just because I want to know what every node is doing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:56 AM

I've had life changing moments but I dont think Ive had a big one. My parents turned me in for drugs, I got clean and do work for the DTF so that might count.

But Im only 21 so maybe one day.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:57 AM

View PostPsychoCoder, on 02 July 2010 - 07:53 AM, said:

I've never heard of a purse snatching being tried with a jury trial, and never heard of anyone actually going to jail for snatching a purse. I think the OP is just full of shit

you're also the person saying you 'beat' someone else's life changing story. so you know, you thinking someone else is full of shit really only validates them.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »