• +

Replies To: swf plugin in c#

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: swf plugin in c#

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:19 AM

I havent done this myself, but found a blog showing some steps:

http://fci-h.blogspo...f-inside-c.html

The 2 assembly references that they talk about have download links in the comments.

Hope this helps

:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:30 AM

Just use a webbrowser control right out of the Visual Studio toolbox.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 Guest_anonymous helper*

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:32 AM

The first thing your going to want to do is add shockwave flash. To do this open Visual Studios and click on the Project tab at the top of the window. Then click on the Add Reference tab from the drop down menu. This will open up a window where you will want to click on the COM tab. Scroll down until you see Shockwave Flash. Click on that and click the OK button. Now if you open up the toolbox tab one the left side, you will want to scroll down until you see Shockwave Flash Object. Drag that to your form and it will act as the window for your .swf file. You can go look at the property for your object and find the Movie property. That is where you can add a URL of a .swf file. It will load the .swf right off the web. If you want to load it from a file, that's a little more tricky. Reply back if you want to know how. Don't forget to build your project in 32-bit because flash isn't 64-bit compatible.
Was This Post Helpful? 1

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:27 AM

View Postanonymous helper, on 03 July 2010 - 03:32 AM, said:

The first thing your going to want to do is add shockwave flash. To do this open Visual Studios and click on the Project tab at the top of the window. Then click on the Add Reference tab from the drop down menu. This will open up a window where you will want to click on the COM tab. Scroll down until you see Shockwave Flash. Click on that and click the OK button. Now if you open up the toolbox tab one the left side, you will want to scroll down until you see Shockwave Flash Object. Drag that to your form and it will act as the window for your .swf file. You can go look at the property for your object and find the Movie property. That is where you can add a URL of a .swf file. It will load the .swf right off the web. If you want to load it from a file, that's a little more tricky. Reply back if you want to know how. Don't forget to build your project in 32-bit because flash isn't 64-bit compatible.

I'm curious and learning new things all the time too. What is the advantage of going through all of that, and using the Shockwave object over using a webbrowser control; which doesn't require adding any special references?

I've used the webbrowser control and pointed it at a .swf file many times and it works just fine.
This has let me give the user an option of displaying *either* a html page *or* a .swf file using the same control.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 Guest_anonymous helper*

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:47 PM

I'm not sure what benefits the shockwave flash object has over webbrowser control. I was taught to use the shockwave flash object to use for anything flash related. Perhaps there is more options to edit .swf's in? I haven't used webbrowser with .swf so I really coulden't say. Try comparing the two and see if you can come up with anything ;) But yeah, my teacher taught me to use shockwave flash object for anything flash.
Was This Post Helpful? 0

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:00 PM

I think the Web Browser control is the way to go honestly. I've done both and the web browser way is far more straight forward and easy, plus it doesn't involve loading an Active-X control
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1