How much money can you make from adds?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

16 Replies - 18062 Views - Last Post: 04 July 2010 - 03:36 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

How much money can you make from adds?

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:14 PM

I'm curious of how much money can you make a year from advertizing?
How does this function? I mean do you get paid
  • If someone clicks the add.
  • If the add is just shown to visitors.
  • If both.

How much money do you earn per click? or per view?
If i have an average of 10.000 views per day how much money could i earn?

In terms of payment here's the top 6:
1. Fastclik (pays a lot)
2. ebay
3. Mamma
4. Amazon
5. Adsense (why is Adsense in the bottom?)
6. Clickxchange

This post has been edited by Backtracker: 04 July 2010 - 01:15 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How much money can you make from adds?

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How much money can you make from adds?

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

*Moved to SEO & Advertising*

It depends on the ad program you're using. Some are pay per click others per impression (i.e. view). You need to ask specific questions to get specific answers.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

View PostKYA, on 04 July 2010 - 12:19 PM, said:

*Moved to SEO & Advertising*

It depends on the ad program you're using. Some are pay per click others per impression (i.e. view). You need to ask specific questions to get specific answers.

OK firstly per click. How much money do you earn (average) per click?
Secondly per view. How much money do you earn (average) per view?
Was This Post Helpful? -1
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:28 PM

Are you asking for personal experience or the "standard" answers you could get from doing 10 seconds worth of searching on each of the advertising networks above?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:14 PM

View PostKYA, on 04 July 2010 - 12:28 PM, said:

Are you asking for personal experience or the "standard" answers you could get from doing 10 seconds worth of searching on each of the advertising networks above?

Do you think you own the web and you decide the level of this conversation and what questions should i ask?
I'm not talking to dreamincode support right? I expect from you as you expect from me the best answers possible.
So this -Are you asking for personal experience or the "standard" answers-is not an answer. I expect both your personal experience
(if you have any), standard and even the slight weird experience you had with advertising. Let me ask you another question:
When a person asks you "Hey whats you name?" what do you answer? "Do you want my full name or my dreamincode username?" ???

NO!!! here's what you answer:

John- Hey whats you name?
You- *** whats yours?
John- John
John- How old are you really?
You- 0.1 yrs old
John- Really? You look mature enough for me.
John- Lets masturbate
You- OK

You see your answers does not follow a path, ok? Are off-topic relative to the theme but not relative to each other especially when you have in mind that we are humans!

you could get from doing 10 seconds worth of searching on each of the advertising networks above?

HAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAH !!!

I'll explain. Your programming skills are good. In fact they are good enough to answer some really complex and multi-dimensional questions that advanced members have. But wait a second. Which of you guys aren't getting bored, huh? Which of these 2 would you preffer to answer:
  • How can i message in actionscript? Help im a noob!
  • Im having an error with the spectrum analysis. Its really complex.

You ll get +1 community point from both. You ll get the same +1 post count if you reply from both.
You preffer the first one. Right? Of course sometimes you ll answer to the second one in which other way will we learn that you are an expert? But believe me your overall appearence is built uppon those noob-related topics.
Don't try to feel better when saying "Google is your friend, Search Google" cause:
1) You fool yourself and us for a weak-minded reason.
2) Imagine if really this is whats happening... A DISASTER for dreamincode. traffic will drop like a stone. same profits. same everything.

Never say that im lying cause when i asked those complex questions i had like 3 replies and 30 views and i had to bump the thread like 4 times.
On the other hand my first question managed to get to the second page with +100 views and i didn't bump the thread. When i jumped
from noob to normal then i discovered "bumping threads".

I gave you 2 good answers to "Search google dont waste our valuable time" and "DO NOT bump your thread you ll get banned".

I know that you ll say that "We are known to our friends e.g. PsychoCoder, Skyhawk for answering their questions they are not noobs! Caffeine lounge helped a lot". You are right. But wait how can you become a friend with skyhawk when you have like 12 posts, huh? You take your first
big no no huge steps answering to noobs and then after youR 1001 post you turn your back on them start becoming a self-made moderator that only knows psychocoder and skyhawk.

I searched everywhere but i didnt find the exact payment per click. It's not a 10sec search it takes more that an hour.

This post has been edited by Backtracker: 04 July 2010 - 02:26 PM

Was This Post Helpful? -3
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:26 PM

In which case a response of "your own personal experience because I could not find any relevant data to help me in my quest" would have been more then sufficient.

Your rant was not. I was merely asking for clarification which you did not provide. You have over a hundred posts and still posted the topic [originally] in the Caffeine Lounge; speaks volumes.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:32 PM

View PostKYA, on 04 July 2010 - 01:26 PM, said:

In which case a response of "your own personal experience because I could not find any relevant data to help me in my quest" would have been more then sufficient.

Your rant was not. I was merely asking for clarification which you did not provide. You have over a hundred posts and still posted the topic [originally] in the Caffeine Lounge; speaks volumes.

Altough i see a million of reasons i dont want to believe that you actually want to make me look like an idiot instead of accepting what i said.

I was merely asking for clarification which you did not provide.

Are my @@ enough? Clarification! i was looking for a conversation which i did not have.
Well done you CAN give automated responses. Am i the only idiot here to understand what a community is?
Wait i ve proved in another forum that forums are not communities not even close.

The phenomenon that you try to eliminate is based upon basic human elements. There will never be a noob that will google
instead of posting here. Its your experiences that i need. That i beg for. I dont want to waste my time. Google comes
after that. After im prepared so i can see the changes and understand the overall impact. Plain text doesn't say anything.

This post has been edited by Backtracker: 04 July 2010 - 02:39 PM

Was This Post Helpful? -1
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:40 PM

Wow first result
Fourth result

It varies on not only the content of the ad, but how much the advertiser bid (at least in Adsense/bid based models).

Although many PPC providers exist, Google AdWords, Yahoo! Search Marketing, and Microsoft adCenter are the three largest network operators, and all three operate under a bid-based model. Cost per click (CPC) varies depending on the search engine and the level of competition for a particular keyword.

Impressions are usually not pay per each, but rather in bulk, 10,000 for example.

--
I have no desire to make you look like an idiot, plus, you really don't need any help from me in that regard.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:52 PM

View PostKYA, on 04 July 2010 - 01:40 PM, said:

Wow first result
Fourth result

It varies on not only the content of the ad, but how much the advertiser bid (at least in Adsense/bid based models).

Although many PPC providers exist, Google AdWords, Yahoo! Search Marketing, and Microsoft adCenter are the three largest network operators, and all three operate under a bid-based model. Cost per click (CPC) varies depending on the search engine and the level of competition for a particular keyword.

Impressions are usually not pay per each, but rather in bulk, 10,000 for example.

--
I have no desire to make you look like an idiot, plus, you really don't need any help from me in that regard.

0.04$
2.56$

damn!!!!

and i imagine that i cant control the content right? :P f**k. 2.56$ per click? i mean come on! wtf!

75$ per click...... ... . . . . . im gonna have a heart attack... . .. .

There are people who try to create sites so they can cash in on "Golden Keywords".

What are Golden Keywords? How is this working? Also what about the payment for just showing the add? (per view)

--
3 questions in 1 post cause you are in a good mood. I hope its not too late...

This post has been edited by Backtracker: 04 July 2010 - 02:54 PM

Was This Post Helpful? -2
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:54 PM

No, the people who buy ads/Google decide the fee. You control your site's content (which, ipso facto, gives Google what they should send you, ad-wise).

"Golden Keywords" are the ones worth the most money. The idea is that you get less clicks, but they're worth more; as opposed to more clicks at a lower price.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:02 PM

View PostKYA, on 04 July 2010 - 01:54 PM, said:

No, the people who buy ads/Google decide the fee. You control your site's content (which, ipso facto, gives Google what they should send you, ad-wise).

"Golden Keywords" are the ones worth the most money. The idea is that you get less clicks, but they're worth more; as opposed to more clicks at a lower price.

1.000 people 800 people. Are there really so many people clicking the adds? I mean come on!
How about the per view payment?
Was This Post Helpful? -2
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:06 PM

POPULAR

Damn you're an ass you know that. You know we dont have to answer your questions, period. We're here on a volunteer basis and have no obligation to respond to any thread you open so why not stop being an ungrateful ass.

With this kind of attitude you'll be lucky to get any help from anyone here, as we dont like responding to a thread where the OP is just a douche.

Have a nice day
Was This Post Helpful? 6
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:07 PM

View PostBacktracker, on 04 July 2010 - 03:02 PM, said:

1.000 people 800 people. Are there really so many people clicking the adds? I mean come on!
How about the per view payment?

Do you have a site where you can run some statistical analysis? First hand information has, and always be, the best source.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:16 PM

Ooooh down vote me, hurt my feelings. The truth hurts doesn't it?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:29 PM

View PostPsychoCoder, on 04 July 2010 - 02:06 PM, said:

Damn you're an ass you know that. You know we dont have to answer your questions, period. We're here on a volunteer basis and have no obligation to respond to any thread you open so why not stop being an ungrateful ass.

With this kind of attitude you'll be lucky to get any help from anyone here, as we dont like responding to a thread where the OP is just a douche.

Have a nice day

You know we dont have to answer your questions, period.

That's some kind of a standard answer if you have nothing else to post.

We're here on a volunteer basis and have no obligation to respond to any thread you open so why not stop being an ungrateful ass.

You should post this on the main page: "PsychoCoder is not getting paid!" do you think that we are so stupid to believe this?
I could be pissed of every second if i had to deal with every Backtracker that registers here. #1 programming & Web Development community
has absolute no profits. Thats why 20% of every webpage is covered with adds.

stop saying OP!!! heres the new logo:
Posted Image
Should say Programming & Web Development Something Else Rather Than A Community
Was This Post Helpful? -10
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +