4 Replies - 1842 Views - Last Post: 21 July 2001 - 10:06 AM

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

adding buttons to flash

Posted 20 July 2001 - 11:38 PM

ok, im still new to flash, and was wondering how to add buttons like the ones chris has in his footer for aim, and icq and email. thanx in advance, if you explain just one button, ill understand how to do the rest
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: adding buttons to flash

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: adding buttons to flash

Posted 21 July 2001 - 07:48 AM

buttons are the biggest pain that i've ever experienced, i'm still learning about them, sky could tell you better than i could but i'll give it a whirl.
1) insert a new symbol and make sure that button is clicked
2) edit it to make it do what you want to on each of the different properties like up, over, and down
3) if you want it to go to a website, go to the properties of the down function and and the actions list say get url and in the url box write the url and that button should theoretically work...

i don't know how to do icq or aim but i hope that this helps.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 July 2001 - 09:31 AM

ok, ive got the buttons set up, but i still dont understand how to put in the url for them. think you could elaborate?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 21 July 2001 - 09:38 AM

you have to edit the button, right click on the down frame and goto properties, goto the actions tab and from the + choose get url there will be a box that says url put in the site that you want to go to in that box.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 July 2001 - 10:06 AM

putting the action in the DOWN frame actually makes that button do the same thing every time you click on it. You can make a button that does nothing and then apply different actions to it.

Assuming you have a button created and all of the up, down, over, hit states drawn. anywhere in your movie that you want to put the button, drag it out of the library and into the movie, then right click on the instance of the button and select properties.

within the properties dialog box you can select 'on mouse [over|out|down] etc, "get url" and just type the target url in. let me know if you need any more help.

NOTE: Nighthawk's way works but it means that you have to draw a new button every time you want to do a different action. My way means that you have to apply actions to the button seperately (for every instance) even if you want it to do the SAME action

(Edited by Sonic at 12:10 pm on July 21, 2001)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1