CS? Omni vs. CS5 Blue Omni/Soft Omni

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 694 Views - Last Post: 06 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Deprecated Menu Item?

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:05 PM

Hello! I've been messing around with Photoshop lately after a long relationship with Paint.NET and have been trying to learn as much as I could on the software. So for a little tiny noob project I've been working on I needed a supernova, so I Google'd "starburst photoshop" and came up with this excellent tutorial: http://www.entheoswe...urst_effect.asp
Unfortunately, it very much seems that the sample image they included as the finished product hardly matches up with what the tutorial produces (at least in my run-through).
My output:
Posted Image
Their 'output':
Posted Image

Is there some extra filter they added - because they seem radically different...

EDIT: Sorry about the misleading topic - partly solved the problem in the middle of writing this post and forgot to change the title.... O.O

This post has been edited by Vermiculus: 06 July 2010 - 07:26 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Deprecated Menu Item?

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Deprecated Menu Item?

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

hmmmmm could the original gradient width have something to do with it? In Paint.NET, there is a plugin called Gradient Bars (I believe it's made by BoltBait, not sure, irrelevant) where you can set the width of each linear gradient. Would that have such an effect? Just a thought.

EDIT: No noticeable effect. :(

This post has been edited by Vermiculus: 06 July 2010 - 08:22 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1