2 Replies - 2011 Views - Last Post: 13 July 2010 - 04:46 PM

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

How feasible do you think this project is?

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:43 PM

So I've finished my DICHeads application and now I'm looking for a new project to undertake. I'm thinking of making a software that will let users click on any HTML text on a website and return them a nice XPath to that value.

If this can actually work, imagine how much time it would save people! So for example, you want to build an application that displays information from a League of Legends wiki dynamically, you just navigate to the website, select the text (or something) and then press a global Hotkey (or whatever, this is just details) and poof, you now have a correct XPath to access the value.

How feasible do you think is? More importantly why doesn't something like this exist already when there is a clear void to fill?

Anyone with experience with this sort of thing willing to contribute some insight or perhaps even code to this project?

I should clarify that this project will be 100% open source and non-profit.

I posted this is the Corner Cubicle because I don't think it belongs in the Share Your Project. Thanks for reading!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How feasible do you think this project is?

• (cons :dic :head)

• View blog

Re: How feasible do you think this project is?

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:31 PM

Since when is HTML XML?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How feasible do you think this project is?

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:46 PM

What I meant was parsing HTML and giving a direct path to the value of a given 'thing' on a given website.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1