Ask a Ninja

Ask a Ninja, I look forward to killing you soon!

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

45 Replies - 3595 Views - Last Post: 30 August 2006 - 08:58 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Ask a Ninja

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:34 AM

Has anyone else seen Ask a Ninja?

This post has been edited by sleepybluekitty: 28 August 2006 - 10:35 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Ask a Ninja

• PepŤ Le Pewn
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Ask a Ninja

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:57 AM

nope; i'm good.

he's a bit fat for a ninja.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Innocent Shall Suffer, Big Time
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2006 - 11:24 AM

I am ninja

Sloth is Jedi Ninja
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2006 - 02:54 PM

View Postsleepybluekitty, on 28 Aug, 2006 - 06:34 PM, said:

Certainly.
Though I have seen comments refering to this throughout the many far flung corners I frequent online, I have only experienced it for myself very recently - & I don't think I would have done so without the inception of youTube.

No.

I am not calling *you* a tube.

That's the URL & name of the service.

I believe it is a play on words.

YouTube phonetically identical to 'U-Tube', as in a U-bend in pipe-work, & 'tube' as in the cathode-ray tube used in televisions.

Regardless - the Ninja explanation of PodCasting saved me from eternal ignorance & confusion. Was kinda funny too. :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dirty Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:35 PM

xof, where do you buy your coke man?

I only seen the video on Net Neutrality a few months back.

Some of these are really good.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Wisdom Listens
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:55 PM

Was not to impressed with the site
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• rÍvant.toujours
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:59 PM

View Postxof, on 28 Aug, 2006 - 03:54 PM, said:

View Postsleepybluekitty, on 28 Aug, 2006 - 06:34 PM, said:

Certainly.
Though I have seen comments refering to this throughout the many far flung corners I frequent online, I have only experienced it for myself very recently - & I don't think I would have done so without the inception of youTube.

No.

I am not calling *you* a tube.

That's the URL & name of the service.

I believe it is a play on words.

YouTube phonetically identical to 'U-Tube', as in a U-bend in pipe-work, & 'tube' as in the cathode-ray tube used in televisions.

Regardless - the Ninja explanation of PodCasting saved me from eternal ignorance & confusion. Was kinda funny too. :D

Oh, my! For an instant I thought you were declaring me a tube! What a travesty against God that would have been. Thank you, kind sir, for the explanation of the etymology of the so aptly named "You-Tube", lest I linger in ignorance on the nature of the term. I have seen the truth, my brethren, and it is a double-edged blade. I have been searching for a man like you, kind sir, who shares my passion for the damnation of colloquialism and brevity. It is quite obvious to you and I, good sir, that every tangent of thought must be analyzed and written about to the fullest and most unnecessary extent.
Why, where would we be without the veritable verbosity in the vernacular vexing the faux-virtuoso among us at this very moment?

To be brief, my friend, I think we all would appreciate it if you would cease and desist with the over kill analyses of thought.
In layman's terms,
Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• PepŤ Le Pewn
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:02 PM

that's it, time for the kram to jack this shit.
Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dirty Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:18 PM

Videege, you are my religion.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• rÍvant.toujours
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:20 PM

You know the light my son.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:22 PM

I'll be your huckleberry.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• rÍvant.toujours
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:32 PM

Sounds hawt.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Post icon  Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:05 PM

View PostVideege, on 29 Aug, 2006 - 03:59 AM, said:

Oh, my! For an instant I thought you were declaring me a tube! What a travesty against God that would have been. Thank you, kind sir, for the explanation of the etymology of the so aptly named "You-Tube", lest I linger in ignorance on the nature of the term. I have seen the truth, my brethren, and it is a double-edged blade. I have been searching for a man like you, kind sir, who shares my passion for the damnation of colloquialism and brevity. It is quite obvious to you and I, good sir, that every tangent of thought must be analyzed and written about to the fullest and most unnecessary extent.
Why, where would we be without the veritable verbosity in the vernacular vexing the faux-virtuoso among us at this very moment?

To be brief, my friend, I think we all would appreciate it if you would cease and desist with the over kill analyses of thought.
In layman's terms,
Posted Image

It is I who beg your pardon for sure my good man.

My mistake.

I did not realise that:

You speak for everybody here.
That I could not post as I wanted so long as it made sense.
That only posts that you approved of were valid.

Finally that I was meant to give a fuck what you thought.

That post was clearly directed at the person who began the thread.

For someone with the clear capability of being smart you sure have a penchant for being a cretin.
Don't like cretins.

Don't fret however. The days of being picked on are over. I won't let anyone be mean to you no more: promise.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• rÍvant.toujours
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2006 - 11:03 PM

Although my post was partly in good fun (as you will soon learn here in the caffeine lounge), I do have to point out that people will soon tire of reading philosophical meanderings in a programming help forum. They have their place in a thread created specifically for that kind of thing; not in a thread about "ask a ninja" or "c++ help".

Secondly, I do humble myself to think that I do represent the community to some extent, as I am a moderator (with nearly a thousand posts which in turn pales in comparison to several team members). I did not say you could not speak, I was merely creating satire to illustrate your penchant for verbosity.

Finally, your non sequitar of "picking on me" is a fallacious attempt at reversing the situation.

Sorry for my somewhat hostile attitude; I was just poking fun :).
I just think it will get old reading essays constantly; most people won't take the time to read what you write. It's fun every now and then, but it is totally unnecessary to write with intense verbosity merely to attempt to convey intelligence. Most people here speak in a colloquial manner regardless of intelligence.

Sorry again and have a great day,
Videege
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2006 - 11:47 PM

View PostVideege, on 29 Aug, 2006 - 07:03 AM, said:

Although my post was partly in good fun (as you will soon learn here in the caffeine lounge), I do have to point out that people will soon tire of reading philosophical meanderings in a programming help forum. They have their place in a thread created specifically for that kind of thing; not in a thread about "ask a ninja" or "c++ help".

Secondly, I do humble myself to think that I do represent the community to some extent, as I am a moderator (with nearly a thousand posts which in turn pales in comparison to several team members). I did not say you could not speak, I was merely creating satire to illustrate your penchant for verbosity.

Finally, your non sequitar of "picking on me" is a fallacious attempt at reversing the situation.

Sorry for my somewhat hostile attitude; I was just poking fun :).
I just think it will get old reading essays constantly; most people won't take the time to read what you write. It's fun every now and then, but it is totally unnecessary to write with intense verbosity merely to attempt to convey intelligence. Most people here speak in a colloquial manner regardless of intelligence.

Sorry again and have a great day,
Videege

sequitur
My charming friend.

Though that could have been a typo, on some foreign key-layout.
No matter, for your gripe regards verbosity & intelligence.
You somehow got I that I sit, stressing my mind to employ every last jot of my cranial contents I am able to bend to my will, to string together the words I use, in an effort to elevate myself in the opinion of those on here?
A post being for one purpose primarily you detect that this why my posts read so?

It is none of your business but I happen to experience an inscrutable joy from language.
I write the way I write because I want to.
I feel there is a truth that comes into being singularily within the very expression.
You seem to have a sensibility for the truth going by your forum paraphenalia.
I will never be shy of using the right encapsulating concept in word form to express myself; it erodes ambivalence, & lends colour.

To satarise my use of language in what was itself a satirical use of a 'formal mode' is arguably cretinous.

I have no issues with anyone's level of intelligence on here. You are waging a fallacious campaign with myself personally on that front.

You've got a sense of pretty much how I will post by now:
Responsibly & with due deference for the aims of the forum & the thread, & with a sincere aim to contribute.

You have no need to read my posts in their entirety & even if you were contractually obliged to do so I am certain a talented mod like yourself has learn to read at a pace most ordinary mortals would be awed by.

I stand by the apt closing statement; a logical consequence of your explicit reaction to my neutral posts.

Glad to have seen your true colours early on.
Perhaps its true what they say that thousands of posts do suffice to innoculate against being a legend in one's own mind & a cretin to boot. :)

That last post by yourself was much better.

Who knows there may still be a chance that one day I will actually like you...?

Keep up the good work. :tup:

This post has been edited by xof: 29 August 2006 - 12:12 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »