Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Website Review Needed

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Website Review Needed

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:59 PM

I really like it :) One thing though, when the user clicks for your blog (or Skype and Twitter), I'd have it open in a new tab because the rest of the website flows so well then all of a sudden it has to load a whole new page. Either that or you could have it fade out when it leave your site, I think theres a function in JQuery to do that.

Good Luck,
Daniel

This post has been edited by danielair: 15 July 2010 - 09:01 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:20 PM

Pretty cool, actually. I like the content part of the website, but mostly everything on the left nav can be better. That includes the logo, buttons and spacing of all of that. I'd also lose the validation buttons, although its great that the code is error-free.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• binary decision maker
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:46 PM

It's lovely.
Being super-critical I notice that in the logo "web designs" is the only bit that's got a drop shadow, which makes it look a bit out of place.
And there's no validation on the contact form.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:44 AM

Not much a fan of it, everything is too large.

Down to the finer points though, there's no real contrast on the page to tell the eye where to go next except for some red text that appears on occasion. The fonts are far far too large and need to be probably back around 14-18 if even that large unless it's a header.

The effect on the background needs more work that just using a black to white gradient, using a wave filter set to square, and playing with the opacity. It just feels way out of place.

The logo needs some work as well, as of right now it's only using letter replacement, which in some cases is fine, though what you really need to do is to design an actual logo instead of just replacing those two letters. Logo design takes me around 4-5 hours for a prelim, a week to get the entire process done including reviews and everything else, so it should take you at the very least 2-3 days. (I'm not slow, rather a clients logo needs to fit them perfectly meaning time must be taken to make sure it fits)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1