2 Replies - 639 Views - Last Post: 19 July 2010 - 01:50 PM

#1 Saldash  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head
  • member icon

Reputation: 1
  • View blog
  • Posts: 98
  • Joined: 20-December 08

World Recoded UK - Updated for 2010

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:09 PM

Howdy folks..


It's been a while since I made my first post in this section, and I thought since I've just finished a review of my old design and reworked a fairly new template I wanted to see what you guys thought.


World Recoded UK - started as my own online portfolio but I want it to start moving off into other areas, preferably freelance.

The site is built on phpBB, but I have made some extensive modifications and written several pages' coding from scratch.

This is the original style, as released by it's author => Absolution for phpBB
What do you think of my changes, my addition of a portal + news page etc..

If you view as a guest, the message in the navigation bar is supported by an ACP mod I wrote, I can change the URL, displayed text and image, or disable it entirely. Ditto with the Affiliates module on the portal.

I am still looking to change the header bars on teh forum lists, but they are ok for now I think..

But what do you think? Comments bad and good please :bigsmile:
(oh, and feel free to register/post etc, I welcome more members :rolleyes2: )


.:EDIT:.
There is an additional page I am still working on at the moment, it is not linked to within the site, it's my MediaStream page, here.

This post has been edited by Saldash: 19 July 2010 - 12:11 PM


Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: World Recoded UK - Updated for 2010

#2 moopet  Icon User is offline

  • binary decision maker
  • member icon

Reputation: 339
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,185
  • Joined: 02-April 09

Re: World Recoded UK - Updated for 2010

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:34 PM

It looks pretty and professional. Better than the template you started from.

Looking at it as a visitor I wonder where the portfolio is? Unless I have to register to see it - which I wouldn't bother doing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Saldash  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head
  • member icon

Reputation: 1
  • View blog
  • Posts: 98
  • Joined: 20-December 08

Re: World Recoded UK - Updated for 2010

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:50 PM

I'm glad you mentioned the portfolio aspect.. I'm trying to steer away from it now, I did have quite a substantial archive until a recent DDOS attack on my host brought my database server down. (Bad me for not backing up my site).

whilst 95% of the site is available to view without registering, the other 5%, the half of the statistics module hidden to guests, the Quote of the week module hidden to guests and more specialised subforums which I have deliberately kept hidden to all but a specific user group are all bonuses for registering..

I would like to build up a little bit of a, not so much a community, as a small store, where (when I get round to restoring them) my code snippets, MMB Projects etc can be seen and people can comment / make requests.

This post has been edited by Saldash: 19 July 2010 - 01:54 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1