5 Replies - 361 Views - Last Post: 28 July 2010 - 09:01 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hello D.I.C!

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

I figured since I'm new to this massive community of coders the polite thing to do is introduce myself. I'll start by telling you myy name, Coty. I'm currently teaching myself several languages at the moment and also taking a class in VB. I find it very exciting when I learn something new about a language and am able to apply it. I figure that If I was going to be teaching myself how to code in all these languages I would need a community of bright like minded people to talk to so I came here! I'm very much so a noob, so to speak, when it comes to programming. I still have a ways to go before I can even call myself a coder I suppose, but I'm not going to let that stop me of course. Anyways I guess I'll be talking to you guys on the forums since I'm prone to being a forum junkie if I'm not careful.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hello D.I.C!

#2 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Dic Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hello D.I.C!

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:48 PM

Hello Coty, & welcome to Dream In Code!

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums, & becoming a part of our community! :D :^:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:41 PM

Welcome to Dream.In.Code

Thanks for joining Dream.In.Code, hope to see you around the forums someday :)

You have just stepped into the greatest programming community on the Internet, we have experts for just about every mainstream language, and even some languages that aren't so mainstream, so the level of expertise is second to none. All will be more than willing to help, as long as you too are willing to put forth the effort to solve your problem, and to go along the road to becoming a better programmer smile.gif

I would like to ask that when making a programming question that you first place your code inside code tags like this :code: . This makes it much easier to read through large pieces of code, and keeps your post a little more organized.

When posting a programming question first make sure you're in the first forum, then make sure you provide as much information as you can think of that would make it easier for a 2nd pair of eyes to help you debug your issue.

If you happen to get bored (I know, it's real hard to do here) you can check out our Off Topic Caafeine Lounge, the Corner Cubical, dedicated to industry talk, or the Student Campus, dedicated to all things for students.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact myself or another staff member, and we will be more then happy to answer any questions you might have.

-Richard
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:57 AM

Hi there Coty! :D Great to have you with us in DIC.net! So you just started on programming recently? What programming languages have you learnt? It'll be great if you're active in this forum. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:08 PM

At the moment I'm learning VB, Javascript, php, and Java. VB I'm learning at my college. Java I just decided to start learning since the president of the IT department at my college wanted my help in making an Android application for the school. The most important languages to me though are Javascript, PHP, and other markup languages like HTML and CSS. Reason is because I would like to be a Web Developer more than anything. With the way the Internet is going I believe it'll be more of a benefit to have strong skills in web developing languages. I could however be completely wrong about that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• </luck>
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:01 PM

Welcome aboard our humble abode!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -