Holiday Home rental website development

Page 1 of 1

8 Replies - 940 Views - Last Post: 04 August 2010 - 04:16 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Web developer required for marketing website

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:06 PM

Hi All,

About 8 or 9 years ago I purchased the domain name www.holiday-home-rentals.com with the intention of building a website which offers holiday home owners the chance to advertise their holiday homes for a small fee. After years of delaying this, I'm looking to kick this off if I can find someone to work with me.

My web development skills are non existent (as you can see from what is there at the moment). So, I'm looking for a business partner, someone who will design the site and then I will run it from a business point of view.

In return I'm offering a split share in the business. This market can be quite lucrative, please see www.homeaway.com for the market leaders.

I've had various offers for the domain name over the years, however it is now almost impossible to buy a domain with the word 'holiday' in it anymore!

I'm open to suggestions over what the best programming language is to use.

Also, I'm happy for someone to take this on as a 'guinea pig' and have an experiment.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Joe

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Web developer required for marketing website

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Web developer required for marketing website

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:11 AM

Anyone???
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:55 PM

From what I've seen, most of the people here aren't looking to partner up, they're looking for jobs. Chances are you're probably going to have to pay someone to get this done.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:25 AM

Joe, this is a pretty big project for a developer to take on. It seems to me that this would require some heavy back-end database work. It's likely that you are going to have to hire a PHP/MySQL coder with some decent experience.

Do you have any other websites that you have worked on? Because if this is a new venture to you, then there may be more hurdles to entering this market than you might imagine. You have to advertise to renters, build traffic and make sure the site content is constantly up-to-date, amongst other things.

I can't PM yet, but there are business tools available that might help a non-coder do something like this on their own. You may want to explore that option.

This post has been edited by lostarts: 03 August 2010 - 04:25 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:19 AM

As previously mentioned, while there are many people (including myself) that are more than capable of creating exactly what you need, it is unlikely anybody will be interested in partnering up. We are all in need of money, not the potential of money.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:51 PM

Check your PM. I'm willing to create your website with ASP.Net MVC2 for money and not partnership.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:04 PM

View Postlostarts, on 03 August 2010 - 07:25 AM, said:

I can't PM yet, but there are business tools available that might help a non-coder do something like this on their own. You may want to explore that option.

You should be able to, as you only need one post to PM.

I wouldn't put too much stock into machine-generated PHP, though for certain SQL Engines, the interface on the backend will do some query generation. If you're using PHP-MyAdmin, it will auto-generate a bunch of different queries from a user interface.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:21 PM

Not looking for a partnership, but willing to get a quote out to you for building your site. It would be built in ASP.Net. Visit my company at http://www.acfconsulting.com/ to see if you're interested.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:16 AM

Hi all,

thanks for the responses. I've taken the advice on board and agree this project may be rather large for someone to do for a potential return.

CamoDeveloper if you could do me a quote please that would be great.

I did purchase Esvon classified which seems to have a good engine however making it look good is difficult and I'm not sure an 'off the shelf' product is good enough considering the competition out there.

Thanks again for your responses.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1