Netbooks/Programming/Linux

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 827 Views - Last Post: 27 July 2010 - 02:16 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Netbooks/Programming/Linux

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:04 PM

I put three words to attract people with the knowledge of them. Wasn't sure what to title the thread.

I use ubuntu netbook remix as i am on a asus eee pc 1005peb. I want to be actually learning linux though and feel as im getting cheated. I love it because it runs like a dream compared to windows..ahhh..oh so slow. And I just had 3 classes with vb.net and love it but hate it. Now wanna tinker with python and C# and i felt that it would not lag on linux os. running visual studio on win7 on my netbook made it lag ALOT.

Do you recommend another linux distro for netbooks? I like opensuse but not sure if its for netbooks. Lotta ppl hate netbooks but i personally love it. maybe i need another gig of ram but its mobile, can take it anywhere; i love it.

Please any comments at all are welcome; Just asking if i really need a "netbook os of linux" or any distro of linux will be fine and what do you recommend?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Netbooks/Programming/Linux

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Netbooks/Programming/Linux

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:14 PM

MeeGo is bound to be a winner.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Netbooks/Programming/Linux

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:16 PM

I think I'm going to close this topic. We have a couple active threads on Linux distributions and netbooks, so I think those threads would be a better place to discuss which OS is better for netbooks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1