3 Replies - 1286 Views - Last Post: 08 August 2010 - 12:38 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Sending Email using PHP

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:18 AM

i am not able to send an email using mail() function.Earlier i got the emails but in Spam but now i am not getting anythinng.I have installed Sendemail package in ubuntu,nothing is working fine.please help me.Thank you
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Sending Email using PHP

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Sending Email using PHP

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:49 AM

The mail() function only delivers the message to the server, returning whether or not the message was successfully delivered to the server. It does not guarantee whether or not the message will be sent and received by the intended recipient. Check the logs on the server and see if you have any errors or problems regarding mail().
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:23 AM

If you were to post your code that you are using to send via PHP, we could ensure that is all correct prior to looking into issues with your server.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:38 AM

View Postvanillacode, on 28 July 2010 - 07:18 AM, said:

Earlier i got the emails but in Spam but now i am not getting anythinng

Most likely you are sending email on a residential ISP service. Most ISP's assign residential service & commercial service customers separate subnet ip addresses, so that other ISP's can easily flag or even ignore email from non-commercial service.

So my guess is that whom ever you were seeing spam added your ip (or domain name) to their black list & are just dropping the network traffic completely. & as macosxnerd101 pointed out, the mail() function doesn't check for success or failure of the email, only the success or failure of sending the email to the mail server.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1