so other person can not open the my database
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0

Replies To: how to create password in sqlserver2000

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: how to create password in sqlserver2000

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:21 AM

Well, one of the other persons is admin? Does it have access through sa account? are you in charge of giving rights on server?
In SqlServer, under the "Security" node, you will see an "Logins" section. There are all users that can login on that server. If you open a login, in database access, you can configure for each one what databases can open and manipulate. Don't give rights on master, model, msdb and tempdb databases. This will let the user to go through each database

Good luck,
Ionut
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 baavgai  Icon User is online

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: how to create password in sqlserver2000

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:57 AM

SQL Server is a database server that supports multiple databases. The security for the database is mapped to the logins for the entire server. There are some users, like the standard sa, Domain Admins, and users in the local Administrator group on the server box, that have full rights to every single object in a given SQL Server. You cannot stop them.

If you own the server and the hardware, then you have full control. If you want to keep other out who are part of your domain, don't join the domain. Use SQL Server Authentication ( i.e. enable sa ) and create and grant logins as you see fit.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1