• (2 Pages)
  • +

15 Replies - 6122 Views - Last Post: 30 July 2010 - 12:06 PM

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Software Development Internships

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:06 PM

I am a sophomore in college going trying to get a degree in Computer Science. When I was a senior in high school I took a class in QuickBasic, which isn't used anymore. In the Spring of this year, I took C++ and I'm learning Java on my own now. To me Java isn't that hard since I learned C++. It helped a lot!

My senior year in high school, I volunteered to help work on computers for my school. I was basically an intern but I didn't get to have the title 'Intern'. The teacher I had for C++, was also the head of the Technology department at my college. It really surprised him when I stayed after class on the first day and asked a question about a program I was wanting to create that went beyond the scope of anything he had ever written in C++. Since that class, he has given me an internship to write programs for him. This internship has allowed me to learn Java and SQL which I am also learning now as well.

Besides that internship, I also have another internship with a company called Team TSI Corporation. Team TSI creates web application for many companies and even makes programs for different government projects. Our CEO was one of the people who designed the Predator system. Team TSI creates applications using Visual Basic, C#, SQL, Microsoft Expression, and several other languages.

I also know some people who work for Northrop Grumman in Huntsville, Alabama. These people work on the National Missile and Defense Team B. They mainly program using Java.

As you can see the field of computer science is very broad and it would be extremely helpful to you to learn as many languages as you can!
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +