4 Replies - 4024 Views - Last Post: 31 July 2010 - 04:56 AM

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

ASP.NET MVC 3 Preview 1 Released

Post icon  Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:21 PM

ASP.NET MVC 3 is a framework for developing highly testable and maintainable Web applications by leveraging the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern. The framework encourages developers to maintain a clear separation of concerns among the responsibilities of the application the UI logic using the view, user-input handling using the controller, and the domain logic using the model. ASP.NET MVC applications are easily testable using techniques such as test-driven development (TDD).

The installation package includes templates and tools for Visual Studio 2010 to increase productivity when writing ASP.NET MVC applications. For example, the Add View dialog box takes advantage of customizable code generation (T4) templates to generate a view based on a model object. The default project template allows the developer to automatically hook up a unit-test project that is associated with the ASP.NET MVC application.

Because the ASP.NET MVC framework is built on ASP.NET 4, developers can take advantage of existing ASP.NET features like authentication and authorization, profile settings, localization, and so on.

Announcement (by Phil Haack) | Download

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 4
  • +

Replies To: ASP.NET MVC 3 Preview 1 Released

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: ASP.NET MVC 3 Preview 1 Released

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:23 PM

Thanks for the announcement, I've been testing the MVC waters lately to see if it's something I want to dive deeper in and learn. What are your thoughts on MVC Core?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:39 PM

I do think that ASP.NET MVC brings a lot to the table when it comes to web development. An obvious fact, but separating the logic in three parts (model - view - controller) makes it easier to work on the project since there are clear limits between the logic and displaying mechanisms. This does its part when it comes to testing and extending specific web solutions. I've used it in one project so far (since I am not doing much web development at the moment), so I can't say that I have a lot of experience with it, but I like working with it.

On a side note, for those who want to learn ASP.NET MVC, the first resource you should look at is located here. Following the videos will get you started (and even more than that). Started learning ASP.NET MVC from there, by the way.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:02 AM

As an addition to the announcement above:

ASP.NET MVC 3 Preview Unveils 'Razor'
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:56 AM

Why are my posts to this thread being deleted?

One of the things that has me most excited about this release is the Razor engine:

Typical .aspx MVC view:

Posted Image

Better, cleaner, more understandable code:
Posted Image

Image credit: Scott Guthrie ( http://weblogs.asp.n...cing-razor.aspx )

This post has been edited by stapia.gutierrez: 31 July 2010 - 09:24 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1