3 Replies - 1319 Views - Last Post: 08 September 2006 - 02:53 AM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Be brutal

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:15 AM

TheJiggerypokery.com

Firstly, I am aware that:

1. There is not rollover state for the top navigation (home | *folio | wtf? etc)
2. The bottom right image disappears when not on the home/blog page(s)
3. There is missing content on some pages.
4. In Safari the content doesn't scroll all the way to the bottom like it does in Firefox and IE - anyone know why?

I was thinking of having a different image for each section - Home, wtf? etc, but haven't made my mind up yet. What do you reckon?

Oh if you could put up a screen shot that would be lovely.

Ok let the slating commence...

This post has been edited by danielle_1_uk: 07 September 2006 - 08:34 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Be brutal

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Be brutal

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:15 PM

i like it!, the colors are good, text is kinda small. i kinda don't like how the title, jiggerypokery is two toned, i think it would look nicer all black, the lower half looks like it's shadow, and it's hard for me to understand.
i like the graphic in the corner.

good job.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dirty Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:26 PM

I like this.

The information is presented well, everything fits and looks great, I like the colors.

I'm running IE 7 Beta 3, no CSS issues I can see besides what was mentioned.

I actually think the logo looks good, its like the bottom half is covering it, like one of them asian walls that are made of paper or whatever...

I noticed that all of the pages have a related item on the left site, Im not sure if the left side content is done for wtf page or not but maybe like a picture or some sort of stats thing or something would fit well there, just to continue the theme.

Speaking of the content on the left, awesome use of Meebo Me on the contact page, Meebo is the best.

I use it as a live support app on my business site http://evolutioninter.net/contact.php
It's very reliable.

Great work, no complaints.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 September 2006 - 02:53 AM

View PostMarkoDaGeek, on 8 Sep, 2006 - 04:26 AM, said:

I noticed that all of the pages have a related item on the left site, Im not sure if the left side content is done for wtf page or not but maybe like a picture or some sort of stats thing or something would fit well there, just to continue the theme.

I was thinking of a short cv/resume stats type thingy for the wtf page: photo, d.o.b, location, that sort of thing. In reference to that page, do you think calling it wtf is a good/bad idea - my theory behind it was that nobody is really interested in 'about' pages these days and hardly bother to look at them, so I thought I would call it something a little more eye catching, but not quite sure on it yet.

Took note of the comment about the two tone thingy on the logo, but as comments on that seem 50/50 I'm going to keep it for now, just because I like it :) .

The graphics have lost some saturation in conversion from PS to gifs, and the site colours on my Mac are looking a bit bland. I'm not sure if it's because I've been looking at the site all week, or it is actually quite dull. Does anyone else think it needs a bit more colour?

Thanks for the comments!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1