python ide

looking for python ide for web development

Page 1 of 1

9 Replies - 1617 Views - Last Post: 02 August 2010 - 04:23 AM

#1 Guest_Rino*

python ide

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:24 AM

hello, i'm entirely new to web development. i hope someone can assist me where to start as i'm interested in python, mysql, and web development. i've tried visual studio 2008 but it only offers VB and C as the language. i'm interested in python and mysql.

since i don't have any html experience, i'm looking for something that will generate the html code like visual studio does. just paint the webpage and do some custom coding behind it.

appreciate any help.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0

Replies To: python ide

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: python ide

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:30 AM

View PostRino, on 02 August 2010 - 09:24 AM, said:

since i don't have any html experience, i'm looking for something that will generate the html code like visual studio does. just paint the webpage and do some custom coding behind it.

HTML is not that difficult to learn Ö however, if you use WYSIWYG editors, bear in mind that you can have a hell of debugging (esp. CSS and Javascript) due to different browsers interpreting code differently (IE vs. standard compliant browsers).

though I have no idea, how Python works, if you do web development, you need at some point Python Ė HTML interaction Ö
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:59 AM

Woah, how can you not know HTML if you're interested with web development? Besides, if you depend on a program that spits out HTML codes for you, I'm pretty sure the generated HTML codes are gonna be very complicated. Dormilich is right, HTML is not hard to learn. It took me half an hour to learn all the basics. Try w3schools out if you're interested.

This post has been edited by Cuzzie: 02 August 2010 - 03:02 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 Guest_Guest*

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:40 AM

python - html interaction? you mean i have to hand code html?

hmm, at this point visual studio is the one for now. except it has no python support.
Was This Post Helpful? 0

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:53 AM

I donít know, what you will use Python for, but without a Python HTML generator* you would have to do it.

* - Iím a 3GL programmer, so the programming languages I use donít code HTML for me.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 Guest_Guest*

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:54 AM

View PostCuzzie, on 02 August 2010 - 01:59 AM, said:

Woah, how can you not know HTML if you're interested with web development? Besides, if you depend on a program that spits out HTML codes for you, I'm pretty sure the generated HTML codes are gonna be very complicated. Dormilich is right, HTML is not hard to learn. It took me half an hour to learn all the basics. Try w3schools out if you're interested.

point well taken. for now, i just want to have a feel of what's it like to be a web developer. you know from a birds point of view. then later on once i'm familiar with how these things are put together, and work together, then definitely i'll have to be in the trenches.
Was This Post Helpful? 0

#7 Guest_Guest*

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:57 AM

View PostDormilich, on 02 August 2010 - 02:53 AM, said:

I donít know, what you will use Python for, but without a Python HTML generator* you would have to do it.

* - Iím a 3GL programmer, so the programming languages I use donít code HTML for me.

i'm a 3GL programmer too, once, back in the 80s but because of other priorities have to leave coding for the meantime. now i have lots of time in my hands i want to go back coding and suddenly found myself against the web and everything web.

google uses python and so does fedoraproject but i can't volunteer because i have no idea how the web things are put together.
Was This Post Helpful? 0

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:02 AM

you cannot understand how the web works without HTML knowledge. HTML is what the end user is given. you may have the coolest Python programme, without HTML, itís just a void page in the browser.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:08 AM

Simply put....Webpages are pretty much HTML/CSS/Javascript/flash/... IN THE END. When the browser reads it, this is the form a website is in. A website programming language such as PHP/ASP/ROR/Python-DJango, all that happens is that program runs on the server and "gives" whatever HTML is necessary to the browser and keeping all other information on the server.

Now, how to explicitly do this in Python, you may want to look at a framework of some form, like DJango.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#10 Guest_Guest*

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:23 AM

View PostDogstopper, on 02 August 2010 - 03:08 AM, said:

Simply put....Webpages are pretty much HTML/CSS/Javascript/flash/... IN THE END. When the browser reads it, this is the form a website is in. A website programming language such as PHP/ASP/ROR/Python-DJango, all that happens is that program runs on the server and "gives" whatever HTML is necessary to the browser and keeping all other information on the server.

Now, how to explicitly do this in Python, you may want to look at a framework of some form, like DJango.

"the web framework for perfectionists with deadlines". nice =)

thanks!
Was This Post Helpful? 0

Page 1 of 1