3 Replies - 453 Views - Last Post: 03 August 2010 - 06:09 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Mozilla Menu Problem

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:49 PM

Hi

I am hoping for some help with a menu problem I am having in Mozilla 3.6.3. The attached zip file contains the HTML, CSS and the jpg for an icon that is displayed.

The menu stays fixed except when ‘Main 1’is selected. This causes a sub-menu to be displayed. The problem in Mozilla is that a gap is left under the ‘Main 1’menu item (the one that has the sub-menu).

I am not able to work out how to remove this gap. It works fine in IE8 (i.e. no gap after ‘Main 1’) and therefore I am assuming there is some CSS property I need to set that fixes for Mozilla?

Any help that can be provided to resolve this problem is greatly appreciated.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Mozilla Menu Problem

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Mozilla Menu Problem

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:49 PM

Hi

I am hoping for some help with a menu problem I am having in Mozilla 3.6.3. The attached zip file contains the HTML, CSS and the jpg for an icon that is displayed.

The menu stays fixed except when ‘Main 1’is selected. This causes a sub-menu to be displayed. The problem in Mozilla is that a gap is left under the ‘Main 1’menu item (the one that has the sub-menu).

I am not able to work out how to remove this gap. It works fine in IE8 (i.e. no gap after ‘Main 1’) and therefore I am assuming there is some CSS property I need to set that fixes for Mozilla?

Any help that can be provided to resolve this problem is greatly appreciated.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  Menu.zip (2.85K)
    Number of downloads: 95

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:12 PM

View Postneil_f, on 03 August 2010 - 02:49 PM, said:

It works fine in IE8
This means nothing.

therefore I am assuming there is some CSS property I need to set that fixes for Mozilla?
If it works in IE, but not another browser, then something is wrong with your markup. Never, ever use IE as a reference for how things should work.

The gap is caused by the <ul> you have after the anchor. The anchor is inline while the list is block level, thus the list drops down into that position. You are correct that you're CSS might need adjusting but the validator says what you've written is invalid.

Look at that cause I don't have time myself right now.

This post has been edited by drhowarddrfine: 03 August 2010 - 04:12 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:09 PM

I missed this the first time. You enclosed the ul with an <a> which is illegal. <a> cannot enclose block level elements. IE is performing incorrectly as always.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1