4 Replies - 1246 Views - Last Post: 17 August 2010 - 09:08 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Does anyone know of a free program to make a game from scratch?

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:28 PM

No I don't mean that program Scratch. It never works anyway. Does anyone know of a free program where you can make a game from scratch...or at least a website? Not anything like Sploder because you can't make them from scratch. I tried searching things up but I couldn't find anything.

This post has been edited by rexy19456: 16 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Does anyone know of a free program to make a game from scratch?

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Does anyone know of a free program to make a game from scratch?

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:35 PM

You can use PHP & MySql to make web based games, you can use gcc, Borland (bcc32 5.5), or BloodShed C/C++ compilers (with the SDL library) to make console & PC games.

Knowing what platform you are developing for would better suggest what coding platform you can use.

No offense, but my guess is that you don't know how to code a game from scratch, so you want a game maker style program that does most of the work for you. But this won't actually build a game from scratch, so I'm not really sure how you intend to start or what you want to use.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:17 PM

We could just give him a DooM Wad editor. :)

Or a game editor for the platform and game style that he want's to make a game for.
Was This Post Helpful? -2
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:28 PM

View Postno2pencil, on 16 August 2010 - 06:35 PM, said:

You can use PHP & MySql to make web based games, you can use gcc, Borland (bcc32 5.5), or BloodShed C/C++ compilers (with the SDL library) to make console & PC games.

Knowing what platform you are developing for would better suggest what coding platform you can use.

No offense, but my guess is that you don't know how to code a game from scratch, so you want a game maker style program that does most of the work for you. But this won't actually build a game from scratch, so I'm not really sure how you intend to start or what you want to use.

No offence taking. No I don't know anything about game codes, so I'm trying the game maker. Thanks! The codes would probably be too confusing for me anyway.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:08 AM

To me this sounds a bit of an oxymoron. If you truly made a game from scratch, it follows you also made the engine and tools yourself and therefore they are free.. Since you made them and they're yours.

On a less sarcastic note, Game Maker.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1