iPhone microphone input

Absolute booking for info on developing for the iPhone...

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 3456 Views - Last Post: 17 August 2010 - 02:21 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

iPhone microphone input

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:11 AM

Hi folks

I'm looking for a few pointers about an App kinda thing that I want to try to develop for the iPhone. It will essentially read the input from the microphone and analyse the content of it using a lump of code I developed with a friend while researching. The code is in MATLAB but can be coverted into other language(s) as required because it is mostly mathematical.

before I roll up the proverbial sleeves, I'm looking for advice on whether there is a sort of sandbox environment in which iPhone Apps can be developed either onlin or on a windows based PC. I don;t have the time or patience to (at the moment) get a Mac and learn to use it, so any advice would be appreciated

regards

Ron

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: iPhone microphone input

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: iPhone microphone input

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:18 PM

View Posthealyron, on 17 August 2010 - 06:11 AM, said:

Hi folks

I'm looking for a few pointers about an App kinda thing that I want to try to develop for the iPhone. It will essentially read the input from the microphone and analyse the content of it using a lump of code I developed with a friend while researching. The code is in MATLAB but can be coverted into other language(s) as required because it is mostly mathematical.

before I roll up the proverbial sleeves, I'm looking for advice on whether there is a sort of sandbox environment in which iPhone Apps can be developed either onlin or on a windows based PC. I don;t have the time or patience to (at the moment) get a Mac and learn to use it, so any advice would be appreciated

regards

Ron

Unfortunately Ron, you will need a Mac

I had to get my first mac a year ago to do iPhone dev - If you really want to go inexpensive, get the Mac Mini -- $600 - $700 I added a Tritton USB video and run 3 24" monitors off of it, then just click the input buttons on the monitors and go to windows dev.

you can do RDP from mac to win, although RDP 7 with multi monitor support will not work.

You can also RDP from Win to Mac - I use iRAPP, and like it alot, that way I get to use my i7 to control the Mac, instead of the other way around.

Hope this helps

Florky
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: iPhone microphone input

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:21 PM

View Postflorky, on 17 August 2010 - 08:18 PM, said:

Unfortunately Ron, you will need a Mac

I was afraid that might be the case. It's a decent sized lump of money to spend just to try something out. Think I might just give it a miss, so. Thanks for teh replay anyway.

Maybe I'll post a request for some coding to be done instead :-)

Ron
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1