• (2 Pages)
  • +

15 Replies - 4427 Views - Last Post: 21 March 2007 - 07:04 PM

• lost in compilation
  • member icon

• View blog

Encryption

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:13 AM

A couple of topics have reminded me about all my encryption algorithms, so i wondered if anyone has ever done any themselves?
I currently have a single program capable of 27 different algorithms, from 8-64bit encryption, which (given appropriate time) can be applied over and over on top of each other, increasing the difficulty.
Since this is possible, i also have it keep track of the order of encryptions, so that they can be reversed at a later date. (not bragging here) 11 of the algorithms are of my own invention :), 5 are very close, so you could say 6 are unique. Being able to decypher an encryption is just as important, and the approach has to include such a feat as well. I am yet to include the winzip encryption/compression method, i learned a couple of years ago, it is not a hard concept, but a little difficult to code, and i am yet to have the time to devote to it.

So! Anyone out there, interested in cryptology, or ever written a cypher of their own? If so care to share it, or atleast the general idea?

The design of trees to encrypt has always been one of my favorites, as the tree can be constructed, then values added, even if you do not know the structure of the tree, you can still encrypt and decrypt the file, by passing the values. If the security is threatened, it is also a quick modification to the structure of the tree and a brand new algorithm is born. It also applies different length results per letter, number, etc... and the limitation is not in a binary tree, the values can be as complex as is desired!

This post has been edited by William_Wilson: 17 September 2006 - 10:13 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Encryption

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Encryption

Posted 17 September 2006 - 12:33 PM

Well, to answer your question I have written many encryption methods based on algorithms of my own design, but unfortunately can't share (proprietary code). Bit of a cop out, I agree, but yes, there are others out there that share your interest. I can't say cryptology has ever been a passion of mine - it's something I use as a means to an end. I do have a number of colleagues, however, that really enjoy cryptography.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 September 2006 - 12:41 PM

;) I am sorry but as the rule says you have to show some effors and post you code if you want us check what is wrong with your algorithms :D :P

View PostAmadeus, on 17 Sep, 2006 - 12:33 PM, said:

Well, to answer your question I have written many encryption methods based on algorithms of my own design, but unfortunately can't share (proprietary code). Bit of a cop out, I agree, but yes, there are others out there that share your interest. I can't say cryptology has ever been a passion of mine - it's something I use as a means to an end. I do have a number of colleagues, however, that really enjoy cryptography.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 September 2006 - 02:28 PM

LOL...well said! :)

Although, if there had been problems with them, I expect that I would not have been paid! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• printf("I'm a %XR",195936478);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:15 AM

Guns recoil in the </dic> world too LOL.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• lost in compilation
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:50 AM

Although, if there had been problems with them, I expect that I would not have been paid!

nice!

I wouldn't call it a passion, but it merely interests me the ways a value can be manipulated into something completely different, that seems to have no reasonable basis, but can easily be reversed.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2006 - 04:43 AM

I think the code encryption method is enough vulnerable. When the encrypted app runs it is decrypted so this isvery weak point. I find better code obfuscation method or also 'code morphing' . For example strongbit implemented it in their protection http://www.strongbit...ptor_inside.asp

I can assume if you create some analogic obfuscation it would be better than standard encryption.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• C Surfing ∞
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 February 2007 - 11:56 PM

Well I am not passionate towards cryptography but I trying hands on it. I believe in standard methods of cryptography.

So I did some programming on basic methods like Rail Fence, Columnar Transposition [encipher, decipher and cracking too]. I will put them in snipplets whenever I get time.

And still working on some advanced methods like blowfish, AES etc.

I hope I will be able to make it happen. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• code.rascal
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 February 2007 - 03:40 AM

I haven't created any of them myself, but I have used several in my projects implemented by the BouncyCastle folks and recently in the SUN JCE itself. It was usually RSA and AES and some padding if it was necessary. Damm, sometimes I feel more like a balcksmith, knowing not much about individual components, just hammering them together...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Epic Awesomeness
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:43 PM

Ive written a few encryptions every once in awhile, my first was in VB 6. it took a word, turned it into ASCII, reversed the word, added some value to the ASCII (usually 1 or 2) then put it back into letters (or numbers or symbols :P) it also included a decrypt function which returned the word to its normal state.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• lost in compilation
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 February 2007 - 06:49 AM

that's exactly how my first couple of attempts went mattman059, after taking some courses in university about congruency and learning about the winzip encryption it pushed my desire to write stronger/better encryptions. The only problem with the winzip encryption is that there are values stored within the file. If you could determine the decrypt step before finding these values it would be a wasted encryption. Luckily they seem to have a good handle on it as there are few apps available which attempt this.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Can grep dead trees!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:00 AM

I have written a few programms that would hide data from my little sister, but no programs that can keep out big brother.

I did a one-time-pad program, but then used a PRNG to generate the data. The PRNG does not make cryptographicly secure data source. But I am sure it would keep the average self-proclamed Hacker out. (A real hacker would crack it in no time).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pirate King
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:20 AM

In the forum I've been working to create, I use a custom hashing algorithm I call gh1. It's similar to md5 in that it returns a 128 bit encryption key. However the operations by which it computes the keys is different. If you want to take a look at it, just dl the source code for my forum and then look at the file called board_lib.php it's all the way at the bottom, a function called gh1.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:03 PM

Wel this Topic is good keep movin it....

I just choose my elective Cryptography hope ill be able to get something from here and cotribute too.Wel y don u try posting the essence or how Ur algo's work or wat made u arrive at this.

THat would interest people more to move toward this and put some effort.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 March 2007 - 10:06 PM

I once wrote an algorithm based on the enygma system... to which I added the ability to use multiple keys... sadly I do not have the code...

Anyway... with .net having built in cryptography I have not had to create any lately...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +