4 Replies - 4385 Views - Last Post: 30 August 2010 - 03:57 PM

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

How do YOU market your iPhone or Android App?

Post icon  Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

I apologize if this is in the wrong area. Please move appropriately if so. I would have posted in the Mobile Development section but it has nothing to do with the development aspect really.

I'm curious as to how people market their iPhone or Android app currently aside from just having it in the App store/market. I have a list of other things but would love to cross reference with others who have built an App and have tried various marketing methods. Please share if you have some.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How do YOU market your iPhone or Android App?

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: How do YOU market your iPhone or Android App?

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:01 AM

A good way to contact a huge audiance in the mobile application world these days is through youtube. There are app reviewers taking in thousands of hits a day on there videos; so clearly a good way to get word of your app out there is through one of them. Maybe offer them the app for free maybe in return for an honest review.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:53 AM

Not just YouTube, talk to any reviewer. I've had actual game companies who make MMOs talk to me on a rare occasion along with the normal traffic, I didn't think people actually read those things. Get endorsed by mobile app fans sounds like a good idea.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:01 PM

Yeah I am having a hollywood production crew film us a short commercial-like video for the App once we complete our project. It was originally set up as an easy way to explain how the App works in less than 30 seconds but we decided we would use it as a way to garner attention to the App as well. I have been researching various ways to market the App and found roughly 6-7 different methods. Of course marketing an App is entirely different from marketing a website since it's a very niche group. Thanks for the suggestions.

Anyway else have any more ideas?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:57 PM

social networking would be a great place to look at. A lot of people now use Facebook mobile apps, iPhone, Android and Blackberry. I'm sure they have advertising there (or will soon enough). It maybe a good way to reach your audience, but it depends who your audience is exactly.

Good luck!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1