2 Replies - 801 Views - Last Post: 25 August 2010 - 08:42 AM

• Professional Lurker
  • member icon

• View blog

Editors/IDE's and Plugins

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:22 AM

I know there are a lot of text editors and IDE's out there and that everyone tends to have their favorite. Many of these editors have plugin capabilities included so you can either create your own plugins or install someone else's. I was just wondering which are your favorite plugins and some of the places you go to get your plugins regardless of which editor your use.

Edit: As a side note, this is not intended in any way to be a discussion on which IDE/editor is better because of blah blah blah, but a resource for people to use to explore new options and functionality

This post has been edited by Nakor: 25 August 2010 - 08:45 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Editors/IDE's and Plugins

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Editors/IDE's and Plugins

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:33 AM

I'm an Emacs user. I haven't really gone out looking for plugins before. I typically just find a mode for whatever languages I intend to use and have them there for use. I use a couple of convenience plugins like ido-mode, but beyond that and color schemes, I don't really use many plugins.

When I do need something, I'll look to google, http://www.emacswiki.org/, and more experienced Emacsen friends for guidance.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Professional Lurker
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Editors/IDE's and Plugins

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:42 AM

And in response to myself I've lately started trying out Vim and found many useful plugins at vim online and by searching on GitHub

This post has been edited by Nakor: 25 August 2010 - 08:43 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1