8 Replies - 1003 Views - Last Post: 31 August 2010 - 12:24 PM

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Office Web Apps

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:02 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm sure you've heard about it at one point or another. If not, well then here's your chance! Microsoft has developed a website where you can create and edit Office documents straight from the webpage. This is great if your on the go and only have access to a public computer. Check it out just got to docs.com

Docs.com was designed to work with Facebook. Just sign into Docs.com using your Facebook account information and you can set the document so that it appears in your Facebook Profile Stream or on your friend's feed on their Facebook home page. Not only can they view the document but you can also set it up so that they can edit the document. Have a list of favorite restaurants around the city? Then upload it to Docs.com and let your friends view and edit the document so they can add theirs too!

Docs.com is a great web application that is sure to be loved by people of all ages. I know I'll be using it a lot on campus!!

Keep on the look out for future posts!

Thanks,
RandomlyKnighted
Microsoft Student Partner

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Office Web Apps

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Office Web Apps

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:52 AM

Nice ad!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:54 AM

While this site does sound like it would be useful from time to time, I don't think advertising it in forum posts is the right thing to do.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:18 PM

I'm a Microsoft Student Partner. I mentioned in a post recently that I would be letting DIC members know about all the different things that Microsoft has going on. The whole thing with the Corner Cubicle section is to let students know about new technology, products and/or services that could potentially help them.

This post has been edited by RandomlyKnighted: 30 August 2010 - 08:21 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:40 PM

While I can agree with you that letting others know how products or services can potentially help people out is a good thing, it's the fact that you're coming at it from an angle more like you're advertising the service for microsoft than really helping others. Perhaps it's the way it was written that everyone else is getting that vibe, myself included.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:49 PM

Sorry, I never intended for it to sound like an advertisement. I just wanted to help other students get the most from their education as I can. That's why I signed up for the Microsoft Student Partner program. I wanted to do all I could to help students the best education possible and Microsoft is trying to help with that.

Is there any way I can have someone proofread my posts before I put them on here? That way there isn't any more misunderstandings.

Thanks!!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:43 PM

It would be more suitable to put something like this on your Dream.In.Code blog. Otherwise, you might want to ask for feedback or write a review, for example.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:36 AM

Where do you put reviews on the site?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:24 PM

Like any other thread - in the appropriate section. But it should be a review, not advertising. Generally, it should be like an article.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1