• +
  • Last »

464 Replies - 15913 Views - Last Post: 01 November 2010 - 07:59 AM

• Lurker
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Mosque on Ground Zero

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:10 AM

I fail to see why this is even up for debate.

First of all the Mosque is being built on private property, so this should be a non-issue. You can't have a free society and at the same time deny people the right to practice their religeon on private property. The two are mutually exclusive.

Secondly calling this the "Ground Zero Mosque" is misleading and inflammatory and it is a term coined by media and politicians to get attention. The mosque is not being built at Ground Zero but rather two blocks away from it, it will not be visable from Ground Zero.

If anything I would be more upset but the fact that due to bureaucracy and red tape it is taking near a decade to get a proper monument to the people that lost their lives that day. Kinda sad really : - (.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:26 AM

View PostChoscura, on 28 August 2010 - 03:14 AM, said:

My whole point in this is that all religions suck, but whether they suck or not should not matter or be used as a criteria or method for judging people.

View PostChoscura, on 28 August 2010 - 01:01 AM, said:

Because terrorism is unfortunately a very real aspect of Islam, if only the most modern face of something that has existed the whole time.

These are very contrary.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:42 AM

From what I read, it's not even a fucking Mosque, it's a Muslim recreational center, like the YMCA with a club inside, that happens to have a section for holy worship.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:52 AM

View Postgabehabe, on 28 August 2010 - 03:34 AM, said:

It's still an insult to put it where they want it.

Yes, an insult to ignorant idiots. A lot of people were insulted when blacks were given equal rights.

At the end of the day, if 9/11 hadn't happened, they wouldn't want it there. They're doing it as a statement and it's pathetic.

What a claim you got there. Care to justify it?

At times like these, you can really see the intellect of some people. Lemur, you have an extremely primitive mind.

This post has been edited by Nikitin: 28 August 2010 - 07:54 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• B&

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:57 AM

Allahu Akbar
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#21 Lemur  Icon User is online

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:33 AM

Primitive mind? Really now, what are we, in third grade?

The point of the matter is that, even if not all muslims are terrorists, it's insulting to a great many people who lost their lives at the site. This isn't even close to relatable to something such as black rights or for that matter gay rights or any other tolerance argument.

No, what I'm saying is that freedom to do this or not, it's in extremely bad taste and there's no way around that. They could have picked any site in New York but something that close is deliberate.

Perhaps people aren't aware of the known fact that in times now past Islam had a tad bit of a habit of building mosques on conquered holy sites as a way of declaring victory. Look it up, there's plenty enough on google to substantiate that claim.

I still stand by it that our country lacks a backbone to say no to things like this. Do you honestly think terrorists and other radicals will see this as a declaration of good intent? No, they'll see it as submission to Islam and so will a majority of the world. This also makes this a stunningly bad political move.

If it were a Christian church people would go crazy about it and you know it. If it were Catholic, if it were Scientologist, if it were literally anything else people would attack the idea more. Why? Because it's not politically correct to say anything about Islam. It's ridiculous, stand up and say no to something for once.

I'm no islamophobe, I actually have several muslim friends and even they say it's in bad taste to build a holy site there, no matter what it is. Heck, most of them even say it's an insult to moderate muslims.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• or something bad...real bad.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:46 AM

I really don't give a fuck what they build there cause it's sharing the block with like a pizza place and a mcdonalds. so this whole idea that it's some how sacred ground is bullshit. if it's sacred, get the fucking mc d's out of there.

christians and catholics are notoriously murderous assholes and have reeked far greater havoc on the world than muslims and you don't see me getting butt hurt when they build Christian churches down the street from me. you know why? i don't give a fuck what assholes and idiots want to practice or what building they do it in, life goes on.

The point of the matter is that, even if not all muslims are terrorists, it's insulting to a great many people who lost their lives at the site. This isn't even close to relatable to something such as black rights or for that matter gay rights or any other tolerance argument.

but they are dead so we can't really insult them now can we. and even if we could, do you think dead people give a shit?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• B&

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:54 AM

blah blah blah "not all bears eat people" kill these fuckers, human beings can be sick twisted assholes. 'nuff said about this, f'ck the mosque. The american thing to do is to wait until they build it legally then burn the fucker down.

End of story.

This post has been edited by taylorc8: 28 August 2010 - 09:04 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:09 AM

View PostDark_Nexus, on 28 August 2010 - 08:46 AM, said:

christians and catholics are notoriously murderous assholes and have reeked far greater havoc on the world than muslims

This is an uninformed opinion, dangerously uninformed.

Samuel Huntington's "Clash of Civilizations" should be required reading before you can post in this thread.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• B&

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:11 AM

WOAH WOAH WOAH Christians and Catholics? Do you mean the jews?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• or something bad...real bad.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:15 AM

regardless, christians and catholics are still notorious murderous assholes. muslims and christians have both spilt rivers of blood in the pursuit of proving their god has the biggest dick. do we want to compare the size of those rivers or can we come the agreement that they are both incredibly violent?

This post has been edited by Dark_Nexus: 28 August 2010 - 09:16 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:20 AM

View PostLemur, on 28 August 2010 - 07:33 AM, said:

The point of the matter is that, even if not all muslims are terrorists, it's insulting to a great many people who lost their lives at the site.

My intelligence was insulted by reading your original post. People always get insulted for whatever reasons they might have (stupid or not).

This isn't even close to relatable to something such as black rights or for that matter gay rights or any other tolerance argument.

Why not? In both cases you have simple-minded people being insulted for no justified reason. Islam did not crash planes on 9/11, ok?

it's in extremely bad taste and there's no way around that. They could have picked any site in New York but something that close is deliberate.

Again, Islam did not crash planes into 9/11. There is no connection between this religion and the delusional people who used it as an excuse to kill. I can see your original post being deliberate to make me dumber.

Perhaps people aren't aware of the known fact that in times now past Islam had a tad bit of a habit of building mosques on conquered holy sites as a way of declaring victory. Look it up, there's plenty enough on google to substantiate that claim.

Um ok... lol.

I still stand by it that our country lacks a backbone to say no to things like this.

Things like what? An action that is completely constitutional, and does not violate any legal laws? You're bashing our president for supporting a person's right to practice freedom of religion on his personal property?

Do you honestly think terrorists and other radicals will see this as a declaration of good intent? No, they'll see it as submission to Islam and so will a majority of the world.

Who gives a shit what terrorists "see"?

If it were a Christian church people would go crazy about it and you know it.

Ok, this one is actually interesting. So let's assume a person had a personal property on that site, and he wanted to build a Christian church there. Please explain why people would go crazy about it.

This post has been edited by Nikitin: 28 August 2010 - 09:20 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#28 Lemur  Icon User is online

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Extremists for either will always be present, and those are the one's you're referring to.

If we're all up for tolerance I propose we build a Christian Church in Afghanistan and see how that flies. Same concept, and same bad taste in location.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• B&

• View blog

I'm not coming to that agreement. Ever been to burning mosque barbecue though?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:28 AM

Please point out to me where in the Bible it advocates, even encourages, the killing of non believers.

The "Left" is screaming for religious tolerance, but have systematically been getting rid of God in public discourse for the last fifty years. A classic case of having one's cake and trying to eat it too.

, you might not be so tolerant when you're dragged out of bed by religious police and caned for having sex out of wedlock. Or enjoying bacon.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (31 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »