2 Replies - 542 Views - Last Post: 31 August 2010 - 09:23 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Facebook type update

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:08 PM

I'm doing a website for a non-profit and they want to be able to have a "status update" type thing to update news on their site. I was thinking it would be easier to just embed their blog. If I go the other route, they would have to log in and I would probably end up doing some kind of editable region of some sort(don't really want to implement that type of thing even though CMS is allllll the rage). Any input/suggestions on alternate routes to take?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Facebook type update

• binary decision maker
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Facebook type update

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:33 AM

You could have it display the last post on their twitter feed? Then you could pitch it the other way: make them a twitter account, set up the website so it shows the last entry, give them a page called, for example, /update and on that page put a twitter update form. As long as they're logged in, they see a way of updating their page's status, and as an ADDED BENEFIT you agree to provide them with a twitter feed of all their previous statuses! BARGAIN, say they, and everyone's a winner.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Facebook type update

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:23 AM

View Postmoopet, on 31 August 2010 - 01:33 AM, said:

You could have it display the last post on their twitter feed? Then you could pitch it the other way: make them a twitter account, set up the website so it shows the last entry, give them a page called, for example, /update and on that page put a twitter update form. As long as they're logged in, they see a way of updating their page's status, and as an ADDED BENEFIT you agree to provide them with a twitter feed of all their previous statuses! BARGAIN, say they, and everyone's a winner.

well I am adding a JQuery twitter ticker to their page but the thing is, their news is going to contain info about events (more than 140 chars) so a twitter feed for that purpose wouldn't work.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1