2 Replies - 704 Views - Last Post: 02 September 2010 - 01:21 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Software Engineering Project Ideas?

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:48 PM

As you can probably tell I'm new(ish) around here and this question may be posted in the wrong section, so please let me know where to ask it.

I just started my semester and I have a software engineering class, with a big (40% of total grade) project due at the end of the semester. She wants potential ideas for software projects and I figured you guys have been through similar classes.

What projects did you guys do? Any tips, any good ideas, any "Definitely don't do this"s?

I appreciate your help.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Software Engineering Project Ideas?

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Software Engineering Project Ideas?

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:14 PM

Here are some of my personal ideas but don't have the resources and the knowledge to make them myself:

Inventory Tracking system:(i don't know if my description is just software engineering)
Make a program that basically tracks bunch of items that get loaned out (i.e library books). The user of the program gets to choose the due date and then when the person fails to return it. a message is sent via that system. The system uses bar code analysis to check in and check out items. (I don't know if this software already exist b/c i did a month of research looking for a such system for inventory but could not find any)..

Make an operating system (I really want to do this in the future)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Software Engineering Project Ideas?

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:21 PM

There is the Assignments and Challenges threads as well as Martyr2's Project Ideas List. This question does seem to get asked a lot, and there are plenty of resources on the forums.

Topic closed.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1