2 Replies - 11111 Views - Last Post: 07 November 2010 - 12:57 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Has SEO changed in the past years?

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:12 PM

Last time I managed a website was about 5 or 6 years ago. Back then I was a regular user at a popular webmaster forum (which i forgot the name of) where everyone craved Google PageRank and thought all you needed was lots of links from high PageRanked websites to get yourself a high rank in the searches. Later a lot of them gave up on the PR system and decided it didn't mean anything, and that it was far more important to have good content on your site (with good keywords) and get links from sites with related content and healthy traffic (makes more sense). I was told back then that it was important to get your site listed in as many directories as possible, and it was helpful to write articles with lots of related keywords and include a link to your site in it.

This is all I remember from my research on SEO when I was a young lad. I wonder, how much of it is correct? Has anything changed in the past years that is crucial/beneficial to SEO?

This post has been edited by Sayid Ahmed: 09 September 2010 - 01:13 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Has SEO changed in the past years?

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Has SEO changed in the past years?

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:31 AM

I believe it is correct. Many experts has moved on from page rank and start paying attention to different aspects. Earlier they though stuffing a website with keywords would work. But it has changed too. IMO its about having unique content and getting relevant backlinks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Has SEO changed in the past years?

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:57 AM

Page Rank is still computed by Google, but Google has become very adept at hiding this from the SEO community. They do this by only updating your PR with its value from many months in the past. So, it isn't nearly as easy to manipulate it as it once was. You can't get immediate feedback about whether what you did helped or hurt. But, it is still an SEO factor if you are planning to purchace Black Hat links.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1