4 Replies - 3638 Views - Last Post: 14 September 2010 - 09:51 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Using Multiple Flash Videos On One Page?

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:00 PM

Hello friends,

I am trying to incorporate flash buttons on my web app called Piggy's Page (Test Page).

On this test page you will see that I have 9 separate flash objects. Each loads one at a time. Is there any way I could make them all load much quicker and at the same time? Would you advise me to just make them into one movie? I basically want these buttons to replace the jpegs on http://www.piggyspage.com (of course the actual flash buttons would look much cooler than they do now).

Thank you very much for any advice I may receive.

Oink.

This post has been edited by OnePig2RuleThemAll: 11 September 2010 - 06:01 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Using Multiple Flash Videos On One Page?

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Using Multiple Flash Videos On One Page?

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:51 PM

You could put them all in one movieclip. It all depends really how you are creating the buttons. Are you using a single loader? A single Event? Maybe a little bit of code might make it easier to advise you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:21 PM

Looking back on it now, I did a horrible job of explaining my question.

If I have 9 swf's on the page and they are all the same swf, does the visitor have to download the swf file 9 times? Could allowing each Button to be its own flash object potentially be a faster load time than having 9 buttons in one flash? Also, on your animatemycard.com website, how did you make it so when I refresh to page the flash objects do not blink like the jpegs?

Thank you for your help, and sorry again for not doing a god job explaining my question (I am not sure I even knew what I wanted to ask). I think it is much more clear now.

Oink

This post has been edited by OnePig2RuleThemAll: 12 September 2010 - 07:14 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:05 PM

Sorry, its still quite difficult to understand what you mean exactly. Let me see if this is correct. At the moment, the HTML Page is displaying 1 swf? This swf calls up 9 individual swf's (Using ActionScript)to be displayed within it? If this is true, are you using multiple loaders to do this job or one loader for everything?

Having 9 individual flash movies on your HTML page can be quite troublesome, especially when it comes to search engine optimisation. Additionally, it would be a lot slower having HTML load multiple swfs. Stick with keeping them all in one swf.

Also, is there a specific reason you are using Flash to do this? What you are doing can be done simply using javascript or something, and this would save you all the search engine hassle. Flash webpages really dont rank that well as the bots find them difficult to crawl. Additionally, creating a flash website means that there is no accessible text content which can be read by this robots, which believe me, can be a nightmare. With my website, I ended up adding text for no reason within the actual HTML, just so we could get accepted for adsense.

Lastly, no idea what you mean about making the flash objects not flash. From what I can see, mine do flash, and should do infact because each refresh means a new load of the swf. I think it is just more noticable on your site because your swf is so large.

p.s. If you are able to post a little bit of code relating to what you are trying to do (Maybe how you are loading a button), it would make it a lot easier to advise you.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:51 AM

I do not have any code for the flash itself since I am still in the concept stage of this idea, currently I am trying to find out what the best way to go about it is. From what you have said, I think I need to go learn much more about "loading" objects in flash.

Thank you for your advice nick, I did get some good information from what you have said.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1