• (3 Pages)
  • +

39 Replies - 16487 Views - Last Post: 16 March 2012 - 03:12 AM

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Would Php Ever Die Out

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

SSL in this case represents Server-Side Language.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

POPULAR

View Posthockey97, on 27 February 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

LMAO!!!... PHP isn't equal to SSL ( secure socket layer) LMAO!!!

Like the OP, among others, explained a year and a half ago, he meant SSL as acronym for Server-Side Language, rather than the more commonly used Secure Sockets Layer. - It's an honest mistake. Nothing that justifies you getting all superior about it.

I would have assumed you already knew this, seeing as you felt the need to down-rep the very post in which aaron1178 explained this.

Currently their is a PHP6 coming out...

Actually, no. PHP 6 was scrapped a long time ago. There were some flaws in their planned implementation of the Unicode support, so they abandoned it and just rolled the other features planned for PHP 6 into PHP 5.3. - The current version in development is PHP 5.4.

I even heard their trying to get it to make applications for your computer.
So looks like they might try making PHP somewhat like python. Just a guess based on their current activities.

Where exactly did you hear this? What "current activities" lead you to believe this?

PHP is, and has always been, meant as a server-side web development language. Of course, the way it works it's perfectly possible to use it on the client-side, even for GUI applications (using things like the PHP-GTK extension), but it's main focus has always been web development, and I don't see anything suggesting that the dev's focus has been directed in another direction.

... and oh you don't have to be a proone. Neg reping me for no reason. I neg rep you because you attack another member on here. I don't condone people attacking other members if themselves isn't 100% the smartest person in the world.

Who exactly was Dormilich and aaron1178 attacking in this thread? Seems like a perfectly civilized conversation to me.
Was This Post Helpful? 7
  • +
  • -

• Dovakiin, Dragonborn
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:56 AM

Thanks for the support Atli, I owe you one ;)

As for your eluding reply hockey97 I just have a few things to say ;) wont take long.

View Posthockey97, on 28 February 2012 - 06:35 AM, said:

LMAO!!!... PHP isn't equal to SSL ( secure socket layer) LMAO!!!

As JackOfAllTrades and Atli said, SSL is an acronym for Server Side Language. That is a word a lot of experts, tutorial writers and in a general coder use.

I personally think you need to worry less about if it would die out and actually learn the language before worrying about it. PHP is commonly used in web development as C++ is currently used to make software for computers.

I think I can personally say that I know the PHP language of current, and how to use it. I use it on a daily basis. The majority of my posts are in the PHP forum and I can honestly say that a lot of people know me and respect me as a PHP developer ( I hope ) :gunsmilie:

I also program in C++ writing games using the DirectX graphics library and I have provided my help in that topic. I am also one of the few people who know how to write a PHP extension in C++, other than the actual PHP developers. I've written a tutorial with a series along the way.

To answer your statement, I think I know the language inside and out ;)

Hope this answers your question and oh you don't have to be a proone. Neg reping me for no reason. I neg rep you because you attack another member on here. I don't condone people attacking other members if themselves isn't 100% the smartest person in the world.

Where? Show me? Look at my 'Given Reputation', I don't see any lengthy attacks. The most negative reputation I have given in a single thread is a maximum or 5 post per user. That is because I strongly disagree with the OP OR he / she opens a thread like 'Help me, give me code for a GTA game'.

And for the record, you are turning into the very own monster you despise. You launch a negative reputation on myself, with over 6 negative reputation clicks in the last two days.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:01 AM

View Postaaron1178, on 28 February 2012 - 05:56 AM, said:

Hope this answers your question and oh you don't have to be a proone. Neg reping me for no reason. I neg rep you because you attack another member on here. I don't condone people attacking other members if themselves isn't 100% the smartest person in the world.

Where? Show me?

Don't bother asking. hockey97 never follows up his claims. When his nose eventually gets rubbed into how full of shit he is, he just shrugs it off as 'that's what he herd from the hacker underground' with no reputable source for his input.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Hash != Encryption
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:10 AM

View Postno2pencil, on 28 February 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

... he just shrugs it off as 'that's what he herd from the hacker underground' with no reputable source for his input.

source

Well then tell that to the hackers. Because from what I was told from the hacker world that 2 russian hackers reversed engineered MD5 algorithm.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:01 AM

IMHO, I doubt PHP will die any time soon; it is too deeply integrated into the web.

To switch to a new language would be like rewriting the infrastructure to the internet ( in terms of web pages).

Though this could be done, there's really no reason for PHP to be scrapped; it's fast, powerfully, and intuitive and easy to learn and maintain.

Unless the web evolves and generates the need for a language more powerful and efficient than PHP, I highly doubt that it will die out.

At least I hope so... I'm so in love with the syntax xD lol
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• sudo pacman -S moneyz

• View blog

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:07 AM

I reckon it will die out far in the future when they have perfected an AI system that has it's own language. You simply tell the system, verbally, how you want your site to run and it does it for you.

At this point, we should worry less about PHP dieing out, and more about the fact that we are all out of a job... Bar the lucky few who decided to learn about AI systems :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:27 AM

I don't think we'd have to worry about that. When they develop such powerful AIs, the world would soon become run completely by computers and robots, and all that humanity would have to do is sit back, relax, and wait for them to become self aware and whip us out.

... And who says that the robots won't run on PHP?! :)

I can just imagine the first, human made versions... Random robots yelling Undefined Index notices at you.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• sudo pacman -S moneyz

• View blog

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

Atli, has your avatar always blinked?

I swear it just scared the crap out of me.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:12 AM

View PostAtli, on 03 March 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

I can just imagine the first, human made versions... Random robots yelling Undefined Index notices at you.

they won't do that since error output is certainly turned off. but they might constantly serve coffee instead of beer (or vice versa, depending on the country of origin) because of that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (3 Pages)
  • +