5 Replies - 1516 Views - Last Post: 18 September 2010 - 12:51 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

XML compatible languages?

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:41 PM

What are some languages that allow access to XML files so the program can make new data, input, take from, and delete from the XML file? I already know about HTML and Ajax having this functionality, but i was talking about languages like C++ or Java, etc.

This post has been edited by heyoman1: 17 September 2010 - 03:45 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: XML compatible languages?

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: XML compatible languages?

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:27 AM

Pretty much every language supports XML, either natively or through the use of a freely-available library.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:32 AM

At this point, asking if a language is "XML Compatible" is a little like asking if it's "text file compatible." :P

Pick the language you want to work in first. Then look into what resources are available for handle XML.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:33 AM

So, any language that can work with text files can also work with xml? i thought it would be difference because its a different file extension...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:20 AM

The majority of high-level languages these days have either a built-in XML library, or one you can download an use for free. For instance, PHP, Javascript, ActionScript 2, ActionScript 3, Perl, and others have build-in support for XML. C/C++, Java, and a host of other languages have a free library you can download and use that supports XML.

Now, that is going off memory, so there may be a few languages that belong in the other group, but you get the picture.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:51 PM

View PostBetaWar, on 18 September 2010 - 10:20 AM, said:

The majority of high-level languages these days have either a built-in XML library, or one you can download an use for free. For instance, PHP, Javascript, ActionScript 2, ActionScript 3, Perl, and others have build-in support for XML. C/C++, Java, and a host of other languages have a free library you can download and use that supports XML.

Now, that is going off memory, so there may be a few languages that belong in the other group, but you get the picture.

thanks for the list! :turned:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1