need help Working with a cd drive

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 486 Views - Last Post: 22 September 2010 - 07:47 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

need help Working with a cd drive

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:07 PM

Sup people :scooter: Ok here's the thing, im working on a new project and been working on it for almost a month. And as i thought about my project one day while going to sleep, i came up with a problem i dont know how to connect a cd drive up to my device :stuart: (i fell stupiidly upside down on my face), and i thought about it somemore and i relized dont need a whole cd drive to add to my device just a certain material,and parts for the cd drive to make it work with my device(such as a cd drive in a laptop).And i thought about taking my laptop apart to see how it work,(dumb idea because)thats what im using to develop my project.... :withstupid:..ugh now what??? Eurica i thought of what to do go to dream in code.com and get a little help :bananaman:. SO here's my question to whomever can help me. I need to know how to add a cd drive and the ability to make it rip music to my device,and some help on getting certain parts to use such as a motor etc. NOTE!! :balloon: . My device is a mobile device and my device will beable to insert a cd into the device without the slot comming out to insert the cd (think of how the wii cd drive is and the ps3)(not xbox 360).And im also goin to need the cd drive to interact with the device(such as itunes and windows media player etc) :(!): oh yeah im going to be making my own music program like itunes but im still in development stage so i need to add a riping process to my program as will.(but thats another story for now) but if anybody have any help please post here and relieve me of my stress.

Thanx YoU NyCe :walkman:

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: need help Working with a cd drive

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: need help Working with a cd drive

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:23 PM

Well,,, what kind of CD ROM device are you thinking about adding to your device?

First we have the interface (bus architecture)
1> IDE
2> EIDE
3> SCSI
4> SATA

Then we have different types of media
1> LD (Laser Disk)
2> CD (Compact Disk)
3> Mini CD (8 centimeter Compact Disk)
4> DVD
5> Blue ray

And last there are different ways to store the data on the media
you can look to the internet for all of the different types of formats.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: need help Working with a cd drive

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:47 AM

Hello and thanks for the response, the type of media im going to be using is cd/dvd.And the type of cd rom Device im looking forward to using is going to be the eide drive.

nyce :bigsmile:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1