1 Replies - 435 Views - Last Post: 22 September 2010 - 09:35 PM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

How to setup postfix to work with mysql?

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:32 PM

Hi, I currently own 2 websites. I followed many tutorials on setting up the postfix and making the custom maps for postfix to connect to mysql.

Here is my plan. I want to make my own webmail interface on my website for clients. I am using freebsd 8.1 unix. Before I tried setting it up with a ubuntu system but failed to get it to work.

the tutorials never explain the mysql tables on why we need them etc.

Is there any good tutorials that explains everything step by step and why we need to do each step meaning whats the purpose. I want to learn how to config and set it up not follow instructions. I have followed 5 tutorials word for word and never got it to work.

I need to know how the mail server works in the theory state and how the messages are routed to be distributed on the local system.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to setup postfix to work with mysql?

#2 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Head MFIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to setup postfix to work with mysql?

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:35 PM

Because you mention having two servers, I'm assuming that the sql server stands alone. Did you open port 3306? Since you are using FreeBSD, you are most likely using ipfw for your firewall, does this sound right? You should be able to issue ipfw show | grep 3306 for the rule.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1