MATLAB:Speech Recognition System for simple arabic letters

Developing an isolated SR system for arabic alphabets using MATLAB

Page 1 of 1

0 Replies - 2285 Views - Last Post: 23 September 2010 - 08:41 PM Rate Topic: -----

• جوروترا

• View blog

MATLAB:Speech Recognition System for simple arabic letters

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:41 PM

Hello to all,

First of all, im a final year Computer engineering student and currently doing my Final year project for developing an isolated SR system for arabic alphabet/letters using MATLAB. The project is only in the beginning phase where i've only done some recording of the sounds and plotting the time domain of the signals and doing the Fast Fourier Transform to obtain the Frequency domain.

What i intend to do for the SR system is to use mel-frequency cepstral coefficient (MFCC). The problem is, im a bit stuck on the theoretical background of MFCC's and how to perform them in MATLAB. The sources i read are highly theoretical and quite difficult to understand.

The target system would just be a simple system that would display and ask a user to utter an alphabet, display its time and frequency domain signal and prompt to the user weather he as correctly uttered the displayed alphabet. all of these would be implemented in MATLAB.

any suggestion, recommendation are highly appreciated mainly on MFCC's and how to perform them in MATLAB, speech signal feature extraction and an overview on how to implement this in MATLAB. Any other useful ideas, links or tutorials are appreciated regarding this.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1