1 Replies - 2021 Views - Last Post: 25 September 2010 - 09:05 AM Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Edwin*

uploading wav and mp3 files

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:18 PM

Hi I'm working on a project where I'm suppost create a CF app to allow an administrator to upload wav and mp3 files to be displayed on web page...can you tell me where I can get resources and more info on how to go about this. Any tutorials or references. Thanks for any suggestions.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0

Replies To: uploading wav and mp3 files

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: uploading wav and mp3 files

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:05 AM

Edwin, welcome to DIC. Being new you may not have availed yourself yet of the opportunity to review the forum posting guidelines. Generally speaking, while we're happy to assist you with a programming issue, you do need to show that you've done something and are encountering an actual problem rather than broadly posting an appeal for someone to do an entire code module/project for you.

However, in general terms you're going to need to code a form page with a file upload piece, a form process page where you actually upload the file and take the form info you gathered, store the file somewhere on the server, save the info about the file and the form info into a database and finally create a page that queries the database for the previously uploaded files and displays their info in an organized fashion along with a link to the previously uploaded files you stored on the server.

Tell you what: post the code you have so far here (using the "<>" icon) and we'll see what we can do to help.

Again, welcome to DIC!

This post has been edited by Craig328: 25 September 2010 - 09:08 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1