College Project

Would like some feedback on my college project idea

Page 1 of 1

0 Replies - 2092 Views - Last Post: 27 September 2010 - 04:42 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

College Project

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:42 AM

Hi everyone, just looking for some feedback on my college project idea which I will be designing and programming throughout the year.

I'm making a Baby Health Tracker program. It will basically be a Java front end that can query a database (most likely mySQL). The basic functionality will be the user will be able to input the date and the weight of the baby. The user will then be able to see the babies weight over a period of time represented on a line graph. There will be a table for "anniversaries" in the childs development such as first tooth, first word, first crawl (and steps) and first birthday. The user will also be able to upload pictures which the file path will be saved as a string into the database linking the pictures to the date. Oh I almost forgot, there will be functionality to save innoculation records and future appointments.

I will be prototyping the application in vb.net. This way I can get feedback from alpha testers as to the layout of the forms and fields (input validation will be left out until the UI is generated using Java). Once the basic mechanics of the application have been ironed out in the main program I am going to extend the application further by plugging in a server module, this will be accompanied by an Android App that will allow the user to download the statistics (after inputting username and password) to phone to show friends/family. As of yet I don't plan to allow write access from the Android app but that may be a feature in future development once the software has been marked by my college.

I thought of the idea as I have a 7 month old son and thought it was an ethical idea to develop as a project. Does anyone have any ideas they would like to share about this project? Any feedback would be most appreciated. Thanks guys :)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1