Organic Traffic

Page 1 of 1

7 Replies - 14566 Views - Last Post: 22 December 2010 - 12:48 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Organic Traffic

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:12 PM

If I participate in social networking sites like Twitter and facebook, will it help my site to get organic traffic? I am desperately waiting to see my site ranking on the first page of Google. Want to know what exactly organic traffic means. How can social sites help me to do?

This post has been edited by dreamer41: 29 September 2010 - 10:13 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: Organic Traffic

• binary decision maker
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Organic Traffic

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:17 AM

Organic traffic is a horrible bit of buzzwording which basically means visitors driven to your site by way of reading reviews of it elsewhere.
Unless you have a site which people are likely to want to put in their listings or compare to others, you can't just make it happen.
If you've heard the phrase in social networking contexts then you've probably been mislead. You can get people to "share your page" on fb or twitter easily enough, just by including a widget, which will increase the number of inbound links google sees and therefore possibly affect your rank. But these days, unless your site is a picture of a hot chick or a joke about yo mamma, not many people are going to click "share".
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:47 AM

View Postmoopet, on 29 September 2010 - 11:17 PM, said:

Organic traffic is a horrible bit of buzzwording which basically means visitors driven to your site by way of reading reviews of it elsewhere.
Unless you have a site which people are likely to want to put in their listings or compare to others, you can't just make it happen.
If you've heard the phrase in social networking contexts then you've probably been mislead. You can get people to "share your page" on fb or twitter easily enough, just by including a widget, which will increase the number of inbound links google sees and therefore possibly affect your rank. But these days, unless your site is a picture of a hot chick or a joke about yo mamma, not many people are going to click "share".

I thought organic traffic is the traffic from Google?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:09 AM

I was always under the impression that "organic" was reference to the way the site progresses through a search engine, i.e. the site gains importance with say Google due to relevant and updated content, good domain, well structured site etc, it gets higher up the listing organically.

With regards to organic traffic, a term ive not come across before, logically would be any form of traffic that finds its own way to your site, i.e. no incentive or contact to bring the traffic, the traffic comes via search engine results (non paid).

After a quick Google:

Organic Traffic as a Definition the generation of free web traffic sent to your website/blog from targeted keywords when searching for content on the World Wide Web when using a search engine. Remember this traffic is unpaid and keyword based.

http://www.seomkt.co...rganic-traffic/
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:15 AM

*facepalm*

I thought Organic traffic had something to do with plants..

I guess you could carve your website address into the bark of a tree.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:50 AM

Organic traffic not meaning that advertisement on other sites.First of all since you are linking other promotional sites you must include some unique and relevant content on your site not only links.For this i also suggest few blog posts.Besides good content you must do SEO following techniques like:

1. Have a keyword research and define set of your important keywords. Optimize your webpages(Specially home page) by those keywords including them on page title,meta description and keywords.

2. When on-page optimization complete start link building by Free Directory Submission, article and social bookmarking, blog and forum posting, reciprocal link exchange with only related sites and finally social media marketing by submitting link and adding page on different sites like squidoo, hubpages, stumbleupon, facebook, twitter etc.

If you can collect about thousands links and your page is optimized properly surely you will get good position in search result.But, work hard for long term about 6 months.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:47 PM

View Postdreamer41, on 29 September 2010 - 09:12 PM, said:

If I participate in social networking sites like Twitter and facebook, will it help my site to get organic traffic? I am desperately waiting to see my site ranking on the first page of Google. Want to know what exactly organic traffic means. How can social sites help me to do?

If you really want top ten listing on Google than you should promote your site through different SEO techniques instead of social media networking.Doing this,you can get organic traffic.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:48 AM

View Postmoopet, on 30 September 2010 - 01:17 AM, said:

these days, unless your site is a picture of a hot chick or a joke about yo mamma, not many people are going to click "share".

Hah, I'll one up you!

I put a hot picture of yo momma on my facebook! Daaaaang!
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1