1 Replies - 647 Views - Last Post: 30 September 2010 - 09:40 PM

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Cybercommand - what's up with it?

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:27 PM

Curious question - has anyone looked into working for The Man in the CYBERCOM group? It seems they will be missing the deadline because of staffing, and though I would hate to live in the Maryland area I could dig a job with the feds.

What's the general scuttlebutt regarding them all?

CYBERCOM Will Miss "Fully Operational" October 1st Deadline

A major challenge appears to be staffing the command with qualified personnel, of which it will need over 1,000 skilled employees. General Alexander told Congress his leadership staff was in place but acknowledged there were challenges in bringing in people to the rest of the organization.

about:

Based at Fort Meade, Maryland, Cybercom merges the offensive and defensive sides of Department of Defense cyber world into one organization for the benefit of both sides, said Army Gen. Keith B. Alexander, who also is director of the National Security Agency.

Made fun by this line:

Secretary of Defense Robert M. Gates announced Army Gen. Keith B. Alexander’s appointment as the first U.S. Cyber Command commande

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Cybercommand - what's up with it?

• Baller
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Cybercommand - what's up with it?

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:40 PM

If they do half the stuff the NSA guys I've talked with while interviewing do it would be an awesome job.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1