Page 1 of 1

Doing the same thing over and over and over? Let PhotoShop do it for you, with Actions! Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 October 2006 - 07:56 PM

I was using PhotoShop a long time before I read about Actions. If you need to resize a whole bunch of pictures, or de-interlace a whole bunch of pictures, add a filter, apply a saved curve, or whatever, put a copy* of all those pictures into a special folder and create an action. Then let PhotoShop apply that action to your folder. (I always keep a folder of the originals and make a copy w/ the effect I need.)

Ready? Go to Window > Actions to open teh Actions pallette if it isn't open.

Now click to the twirl-down menu at right and pick New Action:

Posted Image

Name your action & click Record:

Posted Image

Do everything you wish to automate. In this example I resized and then used a filter. When you are done, press stop at the bottom of the Actions Pallette.

Posted Image

Now you will apply this action to your folder. Go to File > Automate > Batch as shown below:

Posted Image

In the Batch window, be sure to pick your action, pick your folder, and choose the Save & Close option. See below:

Posted Image

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: Doing the same thing over and over and over?

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:11 PM

Thank you so much! I've been wondering how to do this for a long time. I never bothered looking it up but I am so happy I found this. =)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1