the fitness thread

GOING TO PUMP. YOU. UP.

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

127 Replies - 10813 Views - Last Post: 21 December 2010 - 06:50 PM

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

the fitness thread

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:14 PM

Posted Image

so i know that it's a bit of a stereotype that as computer nerds we are all anti-social and more comfortable in front of our computers than with people and eat like shit and are a doughy group of people. there's nothing i can do about the first couple things, but we can work on the last two together! now with an extra motivator in public shame and embarrassment!

i know marko is big on eating right and exercising regularly, including bike rides, topher rides his bike and goes diving, kya runs in the mornings, tyler is doing triathalons because white people do those kinds of things. i myself try to make it to the gym regularly and had a weekly pick-up basketball game for a while (before we got kicked out, but that's a different story)

i used to use a site called dailyburn, and with my new ipod i have installed their app and have recently got back into using it.

here, if you want to join in, is the group URL so we can all compete and compare and keep honest with each other http://dailyburn.com...611-dreamincode

this thread is for any sort of fitness topic or healthy eating discussions you guys want to have, and of course, for gloating.

i personally find healthy eating to be the hardest part. i gave up soda a little over 3 weeks ago, mostly because i wanted to stop injecting myself with so much sugar and high fructose corn syrup. it's been fucking MURDER.

what do you guys do? what are you planning to do?

This post has been edited by supersloth: 05 October 2010 - 06:10 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: the fitness thread

• or something bad...real bad.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: the fitness thread

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:16 PM

i bought a sweet bike but i haven't been using it. now that it's starting to cool off here i think that will change though. there's plenty of tasty shit that's good for you, the hard part is just finding the recipes for it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:06 PM

I'm good to go on that front mate. In Collegiate Track and Field as a 400/800 runner, daily training. Around 40 miles a week now, keeping light for conditioning for indoor season but a ton of base speed work on the track.

6'1" at 144.6 lbs, 5.2% BMI - avg intake 10-15k calories/day. I'm set for a good while.

Other than that I tend to have a fairly active social life around campus.

Plan on training for a full Iron Man when I graduate College: 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and finish it off with a marathon. I'll probably be 23-24 by that time, 20 as of now.

Though admittedly I still love my Mt. Dew from time to time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:10 PM

In 2005 I gave up drinking coke. Then I must have drank 5 to 6 cans a day. With each head-ache another can of coke to splash it away. It was hell the 1st 48 hours, but after that it was ok. I still moderately drink Mt Dew or Root beer, but like once a week with certain foods. Every day I walk, & I was hitting the gym regularly.

I used to be very active, going to concerts & sweating up a storm in the mosh pit. But those days are slowing becoming years behind me. Damn you kids & your crap ass music!

I try to bike, but the traffic is so heavy here, I think I'll do more internal damage than good!

It's kind of ironic that you start a topic about breaking a stereotype, with an image of two men acting out a stereotype :P Yeah... hear me now & believe me lay-tor.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I am a spoon
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:23 PM

Fencing is my sport. It doesn't make me all ripped (I'm that way naturally *cough*) but it keeps me in shape.

As for food, well that's my downfall. I don't eat too horribly, but I'm addicted to these Chili Límon Chips and Dr. Pepper. Thankfully, I don't have a driver's license, and the gas-station is just over a mile away, so it kinda balances out. And I'm 16, so that stuff doesn't affect (yet :( ) me much anyways.

But yea... I really like Chili Límon.

This post has been edited by hawkysu: 04 October 2010 - 11:24 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Still the sexiest mofo.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:23 PM

My biggest problem is eating out. I go in at 3pm and off somewhere between 1130pm and 300am. So when I get out Im tired and usually go straight to bed and wake up at 12, run any errands I need and then by the time I get back its time to get ready for work so I grab something to eat on my way in and the cycle continues.

I do try to get out and walk around the block a couple times on my days off but 2 days a week wont cut it.

Enough with the excuses, I just have to make the choice to do it and stick with it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:25 PM

I'm vegetarian for most of the time. I still eat meat occasionally, but I try to limit it to maybe once a month or so. I also jog occasionally, bike fairly often now (just got a bike! whoo! riding it everywhere :D), and occasional free weights and yoga round things off.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Hash != Encryption
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:39 PM

I used to ride my bike almost every day. Then it broke....

*sigh*

*join group*

I'll try...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Like a lollipop
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:55 AM

i walk from my work to my home almost everyday when i can. i don`t have car so almost everywhere i go i go on foot(except out of the city :D). that keeps me in shape. i need to gain a little weight though. i`m 171.6 lbs and i`m round 6 feet(if i get it right with the conversions and all)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#10 BenignDesign  Icon User is online

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:29 AM

I've packed on almost 50 pounds since I quit smoking in April. :cry2:

I would like to drag my old bike back out, but I'm waiting for my 7-year-old to let go of her training wheels so we can all hit the bike trail together.

In the meantime, I am trying desperately to watch what goes in my mouth (with moderate success.... I have days when the Reese's Pieces scream at me like a little bitch and I am forced to submit to their will). And I'm sweating my ass off to aerobics videos in my living room every morning.

My very last single friend is getting married in July. My goal is to be at or below my smoking weight for the wedding.

As far as specific stats, I am 5'10" and my weight is nunyabidnass. :D

P.S. Anyone looking for weight loss inspiration needs Marko. What he has done to himself and his life is absolutely incredible.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Your worst nightmare
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:23 AM

Well, currently I am medically unfit for extreme exercise, but I am doing physical therapy 3 times a week with 2 times being in a pool. So far I've lost 5 lbs. I'm hoping to be able to get out of the pool, and onto the more serious exercises. Blowing out your back at 28 is never a good thing. Plus, I'm now driving for 4 to 6 hours a day, so there's little time to do anything else. I am walking around the block a few times at work too, and I'm trying to watch what I eat and drink.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• binary decision maker
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:29 AM

View Postsupersloth, on 05 October 2010 - 01:14 AM, said:

what do you guys do? what are you planning to do?

I'm planning on incorporating second breakfast into my morning routine. With bacon.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 私もクールです

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:34 AM

Actually my old job put almost 20lbs of muscle on me (welding and fabrication). Nothing like slinging steel around for 9 hours to get you in shape. but now I'm in front of a computer again. Yeah ask sloth, 20lbs of meat is a lot for me. I used to lift weights and do that jazz but it wasn't as effective as work and basic calisthenics for me. My biggest issue is hydration; too much crap and not enough water.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:35 AM

Har, I'm going to get killed for this one but I'm trying to gain weight as of now (quite unsuccessfully I might add...)

Still working on weightroom stuff though, transferred to fulltime track and I've really never done weights before. As of now I'm at:
Bench: 125
Squat: 225
Dead: 125
Clean:105

Not much, I know, but you have to remember I used to be quite a bit thinner (128.3 avg Freshman year) and ran 100+ miles a week.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:37 AM

I'll post some pictures of my pudgy self later on, and you guys can nag on me to lose some weight then I'll feel motivated enough to lost some weight and go back to my former glory. I used to be jacked, wide back and thick shoulders and tough legs, but after I got married...well. Anyone who's married knows shit happens. :D I let myself go.

Show me no mercy!

This post has been edited by Sergio Tapia: 05 October 2010 - 05:38 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »