1 Replies - 5283 Views - Last Post: 11 October 2010 - 06:07 PM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Sky TV, Phone and Internet installation timeframe

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:03 AM

Just in the process of moving into my new flat and have purchased the Sky package I want. I would have rather had internet through another provider however due to restrictions in my tenancy agreement I have to take services through the defined provider, being Sky.

The operator says that the Sky box will be installed next Saturday, thats fine I can wait a few days.

They then say it will be two weeks after that for my telephone line to be activated! There is already a line connected that the previous tenant had, so its not like I need somone to come out and install a new line.

The even more shocking news was having to wait a further 2 weeks for the internet to be activated.

Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this sort of delay in services being installed/provided by Sky?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Sky TV, Phone and Internet installation timeframe

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Sky TV, Phone and Internet installation timeframe

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:07 PM

It all depends if the work is contracted out.

For instance - Sky could be installed by someone who only does sky installations, phone will have another contractor and internet from even another contractor or an internet company.

Then when the phone is on, then the internet could be from a totally different company that sky uses.

This is similar to where I live - Phone needs to connected first (take a few days), then the internet can be turned on (from the internet company - a few more days) then the internet connection at the exchange configured to the phone line (another few days). Also depends on how busy each contractor is.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1