1 Replies - 954 Views - Last Post: 07 October 2010 - 09:37 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Java Project Ideas (Newbies edition)

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:34 PM

Hey everyone, i noticed there are topics with great project ideas in these forums, and they are all great. . . that is if you have had some experience programming. I decided to post a new topic with project ideas for absolute beginners, so they can get acclimated to a new or first language. These are just a few that i came up with/ seen in a variety of programming books. Other members should feel free to add their ideas as well. I tried to scale the difficulty of these projects, 1 being the easiest and 5 being the toughest.

Project 1: Create a program that converts Fahrenheit to Celsius or vice versa. This program is pretty easy and self explanatory. You could read the temperature from the user or just hard code it, seeing as you will be able to change your code whenever you please.

Project 2: Create a program that prints all even (or odd) numbers between 1 and 1000. This can be done a variety of ways. The most obvious is using your standard main program, but to add a bit more challenge you could also attempt to complete this task using a class.

Project 3: Create a program that reads an integer from the user then prints back whether the number is even or odd, you could also go as far as to see if the number is prime. This is similar to the first project but this time you have to read input do some calculation on it and then print the result to the user.

Project 4: Create a program that reads a year(int) from a user (or could be hard coded by programmer and changed for just them to see result) and determine whether or not its a leap year, that is whether there are 29 days in February or not.

Project 5: Create a program that reads an arbitrary number of integers that are in a range 0 to 50 inclusive and count how many occurrences of each are entered. This can be done using an array.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Java Project Ideas (Newbies edition)

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Java Project Ideas (Newbies edition)

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:37 PM

Or you could just use this as well:
http://www.dreaminco...ect-ideas-list/

There are 150 ideas from easy to difficult.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1