3 Replies - 1736 Views - Last Post: 10 October 2010 - 04:14 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

C++ builder Console app

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:28 PM

Does anyone here know how to compile and publish a Embarcadero C++ Builder console application project?

I compiled, and built in the project options but nothing really happens. So i went to the debug folder and copied the .exe and ran it, and it works fine. But on other computers without a C++ compiler it doesn't run.

Cheers
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: C++ builder Console app

• kitties == adorable

• View blog

Re: C++ builder Console app

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:54 PM

Yeah I've heard of that happening to other people but i never have to do anything, it runs fine on other computer, i just switch it from debug to release and compile and then i just put it on any computers i want. I've heard that some people have to include the .DLL files for the program in the folder with the exe.

This post has been edited by Alex6788: 09 October 2010 - 09:36 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:03 PM

View PostAlex6788, on 09 October 2010 - 07:54 PM, said:

Yeah I've heard of that happening to other people but i never have to do anything, it runs fine on other computer, i just switch it from debug to release and compile and then i just put it on any computers i want. I've heard that some people have to include the .DLL files for the program in the folder with the exe.

The default settings for C++ Builder and Delphi is to use the runtime libraries and packages. What you need to do is open your project, go to the project menu at the top and select Options, under the C++ Linker make sure "Dynamic RTL" is set to false, also check under Packages that "build with runtime packages" is not checked. With those set, recompile and try it.

Should work now :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• kitties == adorable

• View blog

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:14 PM

View PostSoftrix, on 10 October 2010 - 05:03 PM, said:

View PostAlex6788, on 09 October 2010 - 07:54 PM, said:

The default settings for C++ Builder and Delphi is to use the runtime libraries and packages. What you need to do is open your project, go to the project menu at the top and select Options, under the C++ Linker make sure "Dynamic RTL" is set to false, also check under Packages that "build with runtime packages" is not checked. With those set, recompile and try it.

Should work now :)

Why did you reply to me i'm not the one with the problem.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1