Simple Java game programming for beginner

Simple Java game programing for not code users

Page 1 of 1

7 Replies - 51218 Views - Last Post: 14 October 2010 - 12:44 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Simple Java game programming for beginner

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:13 PM

Hey guys

so I'd really like to learn how to program with Java.
I do actually not know anything about java programming, I do know it requires code and knowing the name of the other files you use. that is actually it, what i know.

so if you guys could help me show me some tricks and tips a not code user can understand. and if i just can use notepad or if i do need a pro java programing software, or a free one.

thanks guys

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Simple Java game programming for beginner

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Simple Java game programming for beginner

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:30 PM

Moved to Java.

You should check out the Java tutorials section, as we have a lot of good introductory Java tutorials. To get started, you will need to download the JDK. Once you install the JDK, you can use Notepad and Command Line to compile and run your programs.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:56 PM

Although you can use notepad and the command line to compile your code I wouldn't recommend it for a beginner. Try using something like eclipse, netbeans or BlueJ. Here is a list of IDE's you can use
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:25 PM

View Postgiggly kisses, on 12 October 2010 - 01:56 PM, said:

Although you can use notepad and the command line to compile your code I wouldn't recommend it for a beginner. Try using something like eclipse, netbeans or BlueJ. Here is a list of IDE's you can use

I think you'll learn Java syntax quicker if you use the likes of Notepad and compile via command line. It'll be frustrating at first, but you'll actually end up learning Java much faster this way. My recommendation is to avoid IDE until you become proficient with Java.

My opinion, of course. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:21 PM

There is a quite comprehensive thread in the Java Programmers subforum where everyone discusses their preferences on IDEs.

Link: http://www.dreaminco...o-you-guys-use/
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:36 PM

View Postjavadork, on 12 October 2010 - 12:25 PM, said:

View Postgiggly kisses, on 12 October 2010 - 01:56 PM, said:

I think you'll learn Java syntax quicker if you use the likes of Notepad and compile via command line. It'll be frustrating at first, but you'll actually end up learning Java much faster this way. My recommendation is to avoid IDE until you become proficient with Java.

My opinion, of course. :)

This is a good point, although as long as he doesn't us an IDE like eclipse that compiles the code on the fly and gives you options based on what you wrote he should learn it just as you would in notepad. The only problem with compiling it via command line is he has to know how to get to the directory that contains the file that he wants to compile. If you doesn't know the proper commands this could get really frustrating fast.

But like you said, this is just my opinion :smile2:

View Postmacosxnerd101, on 12 October 2010 - 01:21 PM, said:

There is a quite comprehensive thread in the Java Programmers subforum where everyone discusses their preferences on IDEs.

Link: http://www.dreaminco...o-you-guys-use/

Good link!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:14 PM

If you plan on making image-based games, then it's no easy task for a beginner in Java. Start out with Console-based games and then practice good Java "stuff" like Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and encapsulation. Once you have those down, then move on to the graphical games. A lot of people say not to learn programming through game programming. I disagree. I learned through Game programming, and it utilizes tons of good programming, such as things like Data Structures, Abstraction, a sense of time...

This is a decent book...not fantastic though:
http://www.amazon.co...86925123&sr=1-1
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:44 PM

Thanks all of you :)

I will try to learn much of you and your answers
and im really happy for that fast response.

that is not a Big money killer project im working with, i got an idea to a scanner there could tell you then there is a Cookie or maybe a internet shurtcut saved on your computer, and ask you if Thee should delete it

(sorry for my English. coming from Denmark)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1