3 Radio buttons 3 values. Dealing with module object.

Assigning possible 3 values to one variable in object.

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 3186 Views - Last Post: 13 October 2010 - 03:36 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

3 Radio buttons 3 values. Dealing with module object.

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:09 AM

Hey there, I am having a bit of trouble figuring out how to do code these silly radio buttons. I have 3 radio buttons, each with values of 5, 40, and 50. And i have an object which I am using to simplify things. Now what I want is to have one of these radio buttons picked, and having whichever value it corresponds to, to interact with the declared variable in the object. I know this might sound a bit vague, but I really don't know how to say it any better. For the sake of making it easier to understand I'll give an example to what I'm working on.

In a form for a theatre subscription, guests can either pay for section A (50$), B(40$) or C(25$). Only one section can be picked per order.... They can purchase multiple tickets to up to 4 different plays, with no limit to the amount of tickets. However if you buy 5 or more tickets you recieve a 10% discount.

Now sorry if I am repeating myself, but I do require there to be only one variable and property declaration in the object, but with 3 potential prices of tickets to keep track of.

Any help with this little situation I am having would be great!

Thanks!!!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: 3 Radio buttons 3 values. Dealing with module object.

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: 3 Radio buttons 3 values. Dealing with module object.

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:30 AM

Do you have any code at all yet?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:45 PM

For that part of the program, no. there are other things on the form such as different plays and customer information that i have coded already, but for the section part of my form, i just dont know what to do with it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:36 PM

OK, I'll try and help but I don't get what you mean by "you have an object to make it easier". Also, whats the variable you want these to interact with? I don't know if I follow that...is it a variable from another sub that you want to retain the value of/set or did you mean something else?

If I were to code this it would be based on the option...

ie
If option1.value=True then
    'Run the following

I'm not sure if that's what you need...just to know how to use the option buttons to make a selection?

Also do you already have the math and formulas done to calculate the order and 10% discount where applicable or is that supposed to be part of the same sub?

Lastly, whats your platform here? Are you using MSVB(ie: Access/Excel) or are you creating an actual program with Visual Basic 6.0?

With out any code it's not really easy to help accomplish what you want, especially with limited info but I might be able to point you in the right direction here...I've done something similar with customer orders. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1