2 Replies - 740 Views - Last Post: 27 October 2010 - 10:25 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

port forwarding with routers and switches

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:40 AM

OK I am setting up some cameras and want to make sure I am going about it correctly.

Here is the layout:

Cable MODEM
|
|
|
------------------linksys1 (ports forwarded to linksys2 IP & SFE1000P-(2) IP)---------------
| |
| |
| |
linksys2 (ports forwarded to SFE1000P IP) linksys SFE1000P(2)(ports forwarded to camera IP's)
|
|
|
Linksys SFE1000P(1)
(needed ports forwarded to camera IP's)

The IP's of linksys 1 & 2 are widely know from the factory so I had no trouble accessing the setup pages and doing the port forwarding but the SFE1000P is set to a dynamic IP from the factory. How can I find that address so I can access the setup pages to finish the port forwarding? Should I connect my laptop to the SFE1000P and just have the linksys1 and the modem connected and run a network scanner?? Like I said I think I have this correct but just want to make sure. Thanks for any help

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: port forwarding with routers and switches

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: port forwarding with routers and switches

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:40 PM

You should be able to see the ip addresses that DHCP assigns under the DHCP section on the router.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: port forwarding with routers and switches

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:25 AM

if you are trying to host cameras throu 2 routers it is very anoying.
I cant think of the name but routers have a function to link themselfs together. you need to do that.
the reason is because it is not a good idea to have routers give the same ip's to assign. to port foward throu both routers could cause probelms if you power goes out or somthing. then you have to reserve ip's on each other.
like rotuer 1 woud have 192.168.0.1 when router 2 would have 192.168.1.1 tehy both cant have 192.168.0.1 bause it causes probelms. as defult router 1 wants to assign router 2 as a device.
try to look for the funktion name im sorry i cant remember it.
please answer back if you have any other questions.
i wouldnt bother with function. see if you can run your ip cameras to router 1
good luck
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1